//Trail Status mouse over Java // 10 Pack of Riders

Author Topic: 10 Pack of Riders  (Read 1694 times)

davebik

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
10 Pack of Riders
« on: April 13, 2012, 11:52:26 AM »
On Wednesday I was on my way out off the trails, between GV entrance and North Tower entrance on the connector and I pulled over for a Mega Pack of riders just haulin down that fun section there.  It was about 6:20 and I saw this impressive train coming and the leader says with a smile: "about 10 back!"

I just have to know: who were you guys? are you a club, or just a big group of buds that hit the jackpot on hooking up at the same time? That was awesome stuff, seriously! I've not seen a pack like that before and my biggest pack of buds has been around 6 riders.

Dave G.

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • HMBA Southwestway Park Trail Rep
    • View Profile
Re: 10 Pack of Riders
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 11:56:42 AM »
Sure sounds like a thing of beauty!  Even a Harmonic Convergence.  Wish I was there to see it.

Dave
David Gardner
Husband, Granddad, Mountain biker
Southwestway Trail Bum

gnawbonelefty

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 01:41:45 PM »
Fett,  sends out an email to riders in the area, the rides are usually wednesday evening,  but the place could vary.  Last wednesday they were pre riding the drt point to point time trial course.

send jeff a pm if you want to be added to the mailing list.

Fett

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 02:11:56 PM »
Wed Night was a bigger than normal group and all of the hammerheads came out, so it was a painful ride, full throttle for a couple of hours.  We have anywhere from 4 to 15 people show up with 5-7 rider being kind of the norm.

We ride pretty regularly on Wed at 6:00, but sometimes the rides are a Ganw Bone Camp, VBR, or Nebo Ridge. We also shift to Mascatatuck or Versailles when those races draw near.

In the fall and winter, it tends to be more relaxed, this time of year people tend to be in training mode.
Need a home mortgage?  Let me help.   Click here for more info: www.ruoff.com/jefffetterer

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links