//Trail Status mouse over Java // Eagle Creek Mountain Biking

Author Topic: Eagle Creek Mountain Biking  (Read 34508 times)

RJ

• View Profile
    • Indy's best bike shop!
Re: Eagle Creek Mountain Biking
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2013, 06:52:34 PM »
Posted. ;D

tjuillerat

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2013, 10:29:30 AM »
Dear Friends of Mountain Bike Trails in Eagle Creek Park,

It's time to show what we are capable of doing, and to show our support for the park.  On THIS COMING SATURDAY (April 20 - Earth Day) there is a public work day on the west side of Eagle Creek in and around the area where multi-use trails are being proposed.  We need to see a very large turnout by mountain bikers and supporters of a multi-use, sustainable trail system at Eagle Creek.  We need to prove and show that we are a powerful source of volunteers and labor.  Please bring your best smile, attitude and work ethic.  Meet and talk to other folks.  Please be as self-sufficient as possible.  Dress appropriately for hard work in the woods (pants and gloves), and bring your own water and food.  RSVP on the Facebook event page so we can get an idea of who will be coming, please.  It would make a very strong statement to our opposition if our supporters were the largest contingent in attendance.  It's time to step away from behind our keyboards and show what we can bring to the table!

If you are on Facebook... please join the event and invite your friends to come along as well!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=491363637595109#!/events/434912929933478/
Tell me and I forget; show me and I remember; involve me and I understand.
       - Anonymous

indytriple

• Sub Nine Represent
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2013, 10:34:52 AM »
We've had about 10-12 multi-use/mountain bike trail proponents sign up for the work day this Saturday at Eagle Creek. We need to at least double or triple that number. It will be Earth Day, so get out and do something good for mother nature. If you can't make the entire session (9 a.m. - 1 p.m.) please come for any amount of time that you can spare. We can talk, post, tweet and blog until our faces are blue, but action is what it will take to accomplish our ultimate goal of mountain bike/multi-use trails in Eagle Creek. Bring a friend. Share this on your Facebook page. We really need to see a STRONG turnout for this event, folks!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=491363637595109#!/events/434912929933478/

Steel

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2013, 11:43:53 AM »
I would love to be there but i will be working my real job during that time i wish the best to y'all
'11 Specialized Camber Expert
'95 Cannondale Killer V 500
and looking...

Tmiles

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2013, 08:40:36 PM »
I would love to help on the project, however my son has a rowing regatta in Columbus, OH.
Thanks in advance to all who will be participating.

indytriple

• Sub Nine Represent
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2013, 12:15:42 PM »
Just last Saturday on May 11, the Eagle Creek Park Foundation held it's first annual Iron Eagle Paddle and Run. According to them, it was a "fundraiser to help fund improvements, trail restoration projects and environmental education programs within Eagle Creek Park". One of the trail running portions of the event took place in the “Area L” piece of land on the west side of the lake. This is the same area where mountain biking/multi-use trails are being proposed. A course for the runners was blazed through the woods for the event. The course has more similarities to a road rather than a proper trail or path. At points, it is over fifteen feet wide. All vegetation was removed. No consideration was given to erosion concerns or drainage. No consideration was given to impact on wildlife. This swath was created to accommodate 138 runners for one event. The event was held in wet, muddy conditions.  Mayor Ballard, Indy Parks and the folks at Eagle Creek Park say that mountain biking isn't compatible with the natural environment on the west side of Eagle Creek. They claim that mountain bikers will detrimentally affect the natural surroundings, yet they simultaneously create, allow and promote events like this which are harmful to the park and its natural surroundings. This behavior is hypocritical. Mountain bikers and other proponents of a responsibly designed and built multi-use trail system want to know the rationale behind keeping us out while things like this are happening concurrently. We want answers, and we want them soon.

Photos here:
http://indytriple.smugmug.com/Category/Eagle-Creek-Iron-Eagle-Paddle/29419412_PFpVQV

Please consider "liking" Mountain Bike Trails in Eagle Creek Park on Facebook.  Also, please share our post and photo album regarding this on your timeline.
https://www.facebook.com/MountainBikeTrailsInEagleCreekPark
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 10:53:22 PM by indytriple »

edf

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2013, 01:48:40 PM »
Wow. That doesn't seem to be too good for the birds. I saw the map on the Facebook page showing the route through Area L. Is there anything else on the horizon that this road might be used for? To just cut a road for a annual running race seems ludicrous but with the parks budget being cut I can't imagine much else is going on out there.

fender__bender

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2013, 08:20:25 PM »

edf

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2013, 10:30:05 PM »
Another mud fest?

http://www.carmelmarathon.com/pages/8ktc
Looks like that is on the east side of the park.

aciresi132

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2019, 12:58:20 PM »
I just moved to the area.  I was wondering if anything else had been talked about or moved forward with trying to get trails built at Eagle Creek?

Steve King

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2019, 01:43:59 PM »

There is a HMBA tonight.  Good place to get info.

https://www.hmba.org/smf/index.php?topic=15571.0;topicseen

aciresi132

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2019, 02:58:33 PM »
I saw that.  Unfortunately I have other commitments.  I would love to get more involved.

RDF73Charger

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2019, 05:47:28 PM »
If you live near Eagle Creek and in Janice McHenry city-council district Crista Carlino is running against her. Janice has been opposed to Mtb in Eagle Creek Park.
I talked with Crista's husband and he told me she had heard of Ms. McHenry's opposition and she was for Mtb in ECP.
 :D

Steve King

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2019, 09:04:03 AM »
If you live near Eagle Creek and in Janice McHenry city-council district Crista Carlino is running against her. Janice has been opposed to Mtb in Eagle Creek Park.
I talked with Crista's husband and he told me she had heard of Ms. McHenry's opposition and she was for Mtb in ECP.
 :D

Remember to Vote on Tuesday!

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links