//Trail Status mouse over Java // Park City Trails

Author Topic: Park City Trails  (Read 1729 times)

edf

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Park City Trails
« on: February 01, 2012, 01:13:28 PM »
Looks like I値l be spending a week in Park City, Utah in July and I知 trying to plan out potential biking (XC only) to be done while there. I致e found several good sources of information online, and was thinking of having the Mid Mountain Trail as being the centerpiece of a few rides.  I知 expecting the altitude and the climbing to be my undoing, but I figure the resultant rest stops will allow me to take in the views.   
Anyone had any experiences with the trails surrounding Park City or have any suggestions for specific routes?
Thanks-Ed

tony

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bgindy.com
Re: Park City Trails
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 03:34:15 PM »
Looks like I値l be spending a week in Park City, Utah in July and I知 trying to plan out potential biking (XC only) to be done while there. I致e found several good sources of information online, and was thinking of having the Mid Mountain Trail as being the centerpiece of a few rides.  I知 expecting the altitude and the climbing to be my undoing, but I figure the resultant rest stops will allow me to take in the views.   
Anyone had any experiences with the trails surrounding Park City or have any suggestions for specific routes?
Thanks-Ed

They're all good.  I remember going downhill on Spiro from above mid-mountain was a blast.  You can take a free bus from downtown to the start of the Mid-Mountain.  That'll save on some climbing.  When are you going in July?

edf

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 10:59:12 PM »
They're all good.  I remember going downhill on Spiro from above mid-mountain was a blast.  You can take a free bus from downtown to the start of the Mid-Mountain.  That'll save on some climbing.  When are you going in July?

I think it will be the second week of July. My wife and I are meeting some friends who are there for a three week conference/workshop so the exact timing is to be determined. Is the shuttle through a local shop or a city thing? I'm considering whether to try to rent a bike there, or taking a hit and boxing one of mine up for the flight or Shipping via FedEx.

tony

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bgindy.com
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 09:07:46 AM »
The bus was part of the city bus system.  They have free buses going all the time!  I'll try to dig up some info I brought back last year and send it to you.

As for renting or taking/shipping your own bike, it's probably a toss up cost-wise if you're looking to ride all week.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links