//Trail Status mouse over Java // 2012 Sub-9 Death March

Author Topic: 2012 Sub-9 Death March  (Read 15646 times)

tjuillerat

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic
2012 Sub-9 Death March
« on: December 29, 2011, 05:02:15 PM »
Online registration for the 2nd Annual Sub-9 Death March begins this Sunday, January 1.  Over $2000 in cash and prizes available!  This year we have four categories; Men's Division, Women's Division, Co-ed Division and Tandem.  Grab a partner and get signed up for the first Sub-9 Productions event of the 2012 season!

The Sub-9 Death March is a race for teams of two to be the first to reach a select list of historical cemeteries in and around the Hoosier National Forest.  Teams will race to five mandatory check-points, two of which will be drawn and announced the morning of the event.  Check-points can be reached in any order, using any route.

Go to www.sub9deathmarch.com for all the info and a link to register.  The 2012 event is only open to 200 teams!
Tell me and I forget; show me and I remember; involve me and I understand.
       - Anonymous

deanarammalamma

• Administrator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Sub-9 Death March
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 08:14:01 AM »
WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Can't wait!

tjuillerat

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 03:16:40 PM »
Oh yeah....

- Anonymous

ELduder

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • CORA homepage
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 10:16:44 PM »
That poster is beyond cool is that also going to be the official t-shirt design? If so I will have to signup just for it.
Cincinnati Off-Road Alliance member
Hoosier Mountain Bike Association member
International Mountain Bike Association member

tjuillerat

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 10:19:29 PM »
That poster is beyond cool is that also going to be the official t-shirt design? If so I will have to signup just for it.

Yes.  That is the t-shirt... thanks to More East Design (Scott Spitz kicks design a$$)
       - Anonymous

Fett

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 08:19:30 PM »
Just did my first recon ride of the season for the Death March with teammate Ben Weaver. Legs are shelled. Apparently pub rides do not count as training rides, no matter how many you do. I have some work to do.
The good news is that I went back over the area that Sally and I got lost last year and nailed it without a problem. It may be that it is engrained upon my mind.
Need a home mortgage?  Let me help.   Click here for more info: www.ruoff.com/jefffetterer

tjuillerat

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 11:39:16 AM »
Teams continue to register for the 2nd Annual Sub-9 Death March and we have lots of exciting news to share!
2012 event highlights include:
  • Free on-site camping for participants, families and friends
  • "Rolling" SAG Support (look for the Sub-9 vans!)
  • Choose from four categories: Men, Women, Co-ed and Tandem
  • Brand new Lutes Cemetery check-point
  • Hot catered meal from Qdoba after the ride
  • Over $2000 in cash and prizes available!
You can read more about these and other event highlights in the latest newsletter from Sub-9 Productions!
Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sub9deathmarch or www.facebook.com/sub9productions.
Go to www.sub9deathmarch.com for more info and a link to register!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 11:43:32 AM by tjuillerat »
       - Anonymous

edf

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 03:49:02 PM »
Uh oh, Lutes is going to add some miles. Wonder if there is a viable route from Elkinsville to Lutes while bypassing some or all of Combs.....

Guess it is time to get back to the route drawing board!

tjuillerat

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 03:54:44 PM »
Uh oh, Lutes is going to add some miles. Wonder if there is a viable route from Elkinsville to Lutes while bypassing some or all of Combs.....

Guess it is time to get back to the route drawing board!

{insert evil chuckle}
       - Anonymous

slamnsam

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 06:43:24 PM »
Call my work,tell them I can't make it in that day  :-[

tjuillerat

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 11:05:35 AM »
Just a little less than five weeks until the 2nd Annual Sub-9 Death March and we're quickly closing in on 100 teams already registered.  The Sub-9 Death March offers equal payouts to Men, Women and Co-ed teams with over $2000 in cash and prizes available!  We are excited to announce new sponsors for this year's event including SRAM and Hammer Nutrition.  We'll also be serving hot Qdoba after the ride!

Our good friends at 2 Pedals Photography will once again be taking pictures and capturing the spirit and fun of the first Sub-9 event of the season.  Check out their photos from the 2011 event: http://chellecraig.zenfolio.com/p358120610

Grab a partner and get signed up or see who's already registered!
https://www.bikereg.com/Net/14563

Go to www.sub9deathmarch.com for all the info and to sign up today!
       - Anonymous

tjuillerat

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 04:44:03 PM »
Folks... if you are out pre-riding for the Sub-9 Death March, please do NOT leave tape or markings of any kind along the routes.  These markings will be taken down immediately.  Let's all be respectful and LEAVE NO TRACE. 

On that note - only two more weeks to get signed up for the 2nd annual event.  Online registration closes at NOON on WEDNESDAY, March 7. 

Lots of updates coming in tomorrow's Sub-9 newsletter.

Click here to receive updates from Sub-9 Productions!
http://visitor.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=001rxf2VXOUUESSy7S6QvSZcFn_dwOqMXhJloc60pljHKD_a7pb8mhi2txiz1O4WdGkmbOzLixxDPplMXyiF0dRv3pJmepubRBrb0ebEKVn6Ts%3D

- Anonymous

RT

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 08:52:29 PM »
Online registration for the 2nd Annual Sub-9 Death March begins this Sunday, January 1.  Over $2000 in cash and prizes available!  This year we have four categories; Men's Division, Women's Division, Co-ed Division and Tandem.  Grab a partner and get signed up for the first Sub-9 Productions event of the 2012 season!

The Sub-9 Death March is a race for teams of two to be the first to reach a select list of historical cemeteries in and around the Hoosier National Forest.  Teams will race to five mandatory check-points, two of which will be drawn and announced the morning of the event.  Check-points can be reached in any order, using any route.

Go to www.sub9deathmarch.com for all the info and a link to register.  The 2012 event is only open to 200 teams!

I'm seeing 214 teams registered?!  What's the point of registering early if your letting it stay open for the folks banking on the weather?  Time to close eh?

edf

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 09:24:34 PM »

I'm seeing 214 teams registered?!  What's the point of registering early if your letting it stay open for the folks banking on the weather?  Time to close eh?

Is it 214 teams or 214 individuals registered?

tjuillerat

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 10:38:17 PM »
There are currently 107 teams (214 total individuals) registered. 
       - Anonymous

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links