//Trail Status mouse over Java // New rider

Author Topic: New rider  (Read 2635 times)

Mutt

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
New rider
« on: October 17, 2011, 08:18:36 PM »
 Hi there. I just bought my first mountain bike , a Giant Revel 2. I haven't rode a bike in over 20 years but I need exercise and didn't want to ride on the road. I've been riding at the Clear Creek portion of the rails to trails to get used to riding a bike again, build up my endurance, and pretty much having fun doing it. I plan on riding at BCSP on the beginner trails before long.  I just wanted to pop in and say Hi and check out all the info you all have to offer.

gmcttr

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Re: New rider
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 09:33:54 PM »
Welcome to mountain biking and the HMBA.

Catrin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 07:10:20 AM »
Welcome to another new mountain biker, and congratulations on your new bike!

deanarammalamma

• Administrator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 07:32:36 AM »
Hi Mutt! Welcome to the addiction!!! 8)

Traci

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • HMBA/IMBA Member and enjoying the ride of my life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 09:38:49 AM »
Weclome to the HMBA site......this site has a lot of wonderful information for new riders from trails to ride, but even general advice. I have learned a lot from reading people's post on here....

Have fun...:)

HoosierBiker

Mutt

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 06:33:38 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes!! I've been out riding twice now but only on the Clear Creek section of the Rails to trails here in Bloomington and honestly, riding a bike is a lot more fun than I remember it being from when I was a kid.  I hope to get over to Brown County the weekend after next.

jerrywr

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 07:03:03 PM »
go check out wapahani one day, get used to some off roading. what color is the bike in case i see ya at bcsp

Mutt

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 07:11:52 PM »
go check out wapahani one day, get used to some off roading. what color is the bike in case i see ya at bcsp

It's Silver.  I may hit Wapahani first, I just thought it was more intermediate trails.

gt ss

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 08:07:08 PM »
Welcome to our sport!

If the hills are too much @ the Wap for your first off road experience, check out the loop around the lake until you get comfortable with singletrack.

Wapehani is a great set of trails compacted into a small area. I've been riding there since '95 and still enjoy it a few times a year.

Mutt

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 08:32:22 PM »
Welcome to our sport!

If the hills are too much @ the Wap for your first off road experience, check out the loop around the lake until you get comfortable with singletrack.

Wapehani is a great set of trails compacted into a small area. I've been riding there since '95 and still enjoy it a few times a year.

Thanks!  I'll have to see how big they are, I'm working on getting in shape. I'll definitely check the loop around the lake.

gt ss

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 08:37:03 PM »
limekiln and Pine loop are really good beginner trails @ BCSP if you want longer distance without big hills.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links