//Trail Status mouse over Java // Congats on your 24hr race

Author Topic: Congats on your 24hr race  (Read 5679 times)

gt ss

Congats on your 24hr race
« on: September 11, 2011, 05:24:14 PM »
Since they aren't likely to say anything...
Fett- 1st place 24 hr solo male
Mike Huffhands team-  1st place 24 hr x 4 male

Nice job guys :)

PS If you were there and want to let folks know how you did, reply here.

gt ss

Re: Congats on your 24hr race
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 05:26:29 PM »
My team with Mantra comp, Hoosier Ben and Tim M. finished 18 laps with just about 20 minutes to spare. I'm proud of how we did even though we didn't finish in the money!

Doe

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 08:21:27 PM »
Congrats to all!

Wahoo37

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 12:41:54 AM »
Had an awesome time and it looks like everyone did as well! Congrats to all the winners!

Mantra Comp

• Training wheels on
  • Helmets save lives, so does giving blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 07:29:44 AM »
My team with Mantra comp, Hoosier Ben and Tim M. finished 18 laps with just about 20 minutes to spare. I'm proud of how we did even though we didn't finish in the money!
Thanks for the great event Brian.  Looks like you attracted almost 100 teams on a questionable weather weekend. Thanks to Hoosier Ben for the salute to our innocent fallen fellow Americans, on Sept. 11, 10 years ago.  Thanks to the trail builders for a durable, challenging, fun course.
Steve
15 years of mountain biking fun and counting!

streamers make me fast

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 11:36:31 AM »
I think the biggest thanks needs to go to the Versailles Trail Crew for doing so much work this summer in making the trail drain so well. All week I wondered if I should skip the race and hop a plane to Interbike or stick around and race. (first time I've skipped Interbike in 5 years). Glad I stuck around. Shadow Run drains so well now! I don't know if those guys (Mike H, Jim T, etc) got free entry to the race but they certainly deserved it if not!

Thanks for having another great race Brian.

Now, if I could only get some competition on the female class. Injuries have sidelined the usual female suspects.  :-[

Most interesting is that my hands and neck hurt much more than my quads do!

Funny how riding for 24 hours changes your perspective on things. When I started racing endurance, all of my practice mtb rides (20 - 40 miles) became "short". I think it's going to be even worse now.  ;D

Jeni

Tomasz Golas

• Joanna & Tomek
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 09:26:00 PM »
Hi Everybody,
First, Thank you very much Tim (spare light), Jeff (place under his tent), Jeff's "family" for helped, Don (wheelset) and sorry if I forgot somebody. Big thank you to DINO staff for hard and long work!
It was my first 12 solo. A few my mistake.
1) I wanted set my stopwatch in my HR monitor every 30 min. I set it up...every 30 sec. I rode 12h and every 30sec I had beep (second 30 sec. was two beep).
2) Because my new helmet is so difficult to mount light I used my old helmet (I switch it during night) but I forgot foam from inside (I rode last time in winter and remove it for more space). Not comfy at all heheh..
3)I had same Gatorade (yellow one, but I put inside Endurolytes) like DINO and somebody took it. I hope that this person was not alergic for Endurolytes and he/she did the best lap time.

Tomasz 
Joanna & Tomek

Guy

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 06:01:35 AM »
I was at the race, manning the remote Aid Station in the woods.... Great weather and a bunch of really friendly riders made for an enjoyable night. Everybody seemed to like the trails and it was very rewarding to see such a large number of riders burning up the dirt at one time, especially bikers from farther away like Louisville and Lafayette.

Thanks to Kevin and Jeff for stopping by to keep me company. ( Some coffee would be nice next year Jeff, if you happen to be in the neighborhood at daybreak again.) :)

Congratulations to the local team of Mike, Troy, Jim and Nick who finished well despite breaking three bikes. You can also thank them for helping build and maintain the VSP trails.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 06:22:48 AM by Guyfry »

Fett

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 11:13:05 AM »
I had a blast, although I may have a hard time holding a beer for a while as I have numbness in both my hands that looks like it is going to linger for a while. I am way overdue for some time off the bike.

I got lucky in that Marty Sanders (2 time defending champ) dropped out due to an injury. Had he stayed in, the result would have very much been in doubt, although the fact that it would have become much more painful, would not have been in doubt. I would have probably had to do 1 or 2 more laps to compete. 16 laps (208 miles) was enough.

Thanks to Brian for a very well run event and my awesome pit crew, Karin, Trace and Dane for taking care of everything and letting me only have to worry about turning over the pedals.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:24:39 PM by Fett »
Need a home mortgage?  Let me help.   Click here for more info: www.ruoff.com/jefffetterer

ess121212

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 05:35:05 PM »
Stud

ELduder

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • CORA homepage
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 07:42:42 PM »
You more than earned your win Fett 16 laps is insane great job. Same goes to everyone, I almost never race but was so pleased with the cooperation of the racers on the course letting others go by without a hassle.
Cincinnati Off-Road Alliance member
Hoosier Mountain Bike Association member
International Mountain Bike Association member

gt ss

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 08:47:33 PM »
I almost never race but was so pleased with the cooperation of the racers on the course letting others go by without a hassle.

Ditto

Nhunt46051

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 07:25:20 AM »
Congrats to all the finishers!  What a great day, great course and overall great race! 

Fett- finishing 16 laps on your own is truely Studly!!!!!

I had never ridden over 24 miles in one day and agreed to do the 2 man 24hr. and made it 8 laps on my own-104 miles!!!  Thanks to my teammate John for keeping me going and providing the nice camper to relax in inbetween laps!!!  Hopefully I'll be back next year with a 4 man team!!!

john7722

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 09:35:03 AM »
congratulations to everybody that even tried this race.
Fett, your just an animal.
Thanks to my partner Nick Hunt. up until this race he said he has only road 24 miles in a day, to increase that to 104 miles is amazing. what's even more amazing is we were 8 or 9 minutes from 3Ed place in the 2 man 24
Here are some stats that were recorded on my phone using Sports Track Live.
117 miles
22,155 accumulated feet of climb
Over 11,000 calories burned
Is anyone else doing the 12 hr at Winonna?

gt ss

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 07:55:12 PM »

Is anyone else doing the 12 hr at Winonna?

Just registered last night!

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links