//Trail Status mouse over Java // Schoen Creek soul riding

Author Topic: Schoen Creek soul riding  (Read 11669 times)

Jeff Blum

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
Re: Schoen Creek soul riding
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 03:55:24 PM »
I like that, I think we should have a "Long Lap" competition.  I'm sure I could figure out a way to haul my hammock out with me so I could take a mid-lap nap.

Doe

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 03:55:43 PM »
lol....next time through I am going see if I can ride it slower than I can hike it.  ;D

merrill714

• Ol Kute
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 05:49:17 PM »
Made 2 laps on trail today and the trail is in great shape. Only one wet spot just before the big pipe in the sky. Mornings and early afternoon the best time to ride, only 2 other bikers and one runner. She was going clockwise and asked if that was alright. I told her I wasn't sure that runners had to go one way, I just told her that the bad spots to meet for bikers and runners was in areas with blind curves on the steep areas.

fortvillian

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 10:13:02 PM »
it's pretty sad if you're so worried about how fast you can go that you miss the sights....which is really why you're out there....

im out there, not only for the sights, but for exercise. i keep track of my time and try to beat it everytime i ride.  while doing that, i don't run over people and am polite when i pass. we are all out there for different reasons, not just for yours...

harcuvar

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2011, 10:28:30 PM »
im out there, not only for the sights, but for exercise. i keep track of my time and try to beat it everytime i ride.  while doing that, i don't run over people and am polite when i pass. we are all out there for different reasons, not just for yours...

+1

gt ss

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 10:35:53 PM »
im out there, not only for the sights, but for exercise. i keep track of my time and try to beat it everytime i ride.  while doing that, i don't run over people and am polite when i pass. we are all out there for different reasons, not just for yours...

+1

+2.

"It's pretty sad" when you think one can't go "fast", look around and be courteous at the same time.

"It's pretty sad" that one has to be judgmental of those who like to ride "fast".

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 10:47:49 PM by gt ss »

MikeHufhand

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2011, 11:18:03 PM »
You've all made good points.   People use trails for different purposes.   Bottomline....be respectful to ALL trail users.

By and large, I think we mountain bikers do an excellent job of it.   But remember this too...we have ENEMIES out there who don't want to see us succeed.  Not many, but they're out there.  So do the right thing and always be respectful , no matter what speed you go.

Bigdaddy

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2011, 11:31:08 PM »
+1

Konarick

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2011, 03:34:02 AM »
When the wife and I go out on the trails, I ride and she hikes, I always have her go in the opposite direction as the riders, you both can see each other coming better that way except maybe on some of those blind corners.
Quit complaining and get out and ride.

Jeff Blum

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2011, 10:33:44 AM »
im out there, not only for the sights, but for exercise. i keep track of my time and try to beat it everytime i ride.  while doing that, i don't run over people and am polite when i pass. we are all out there for different reasons, not just for yours...

+1

+2.

"It's pretty sad" when you think one can't go "fast", look around and be courteous at the same time.

"It's pretty sad" that one has to be judgmental of those who like to ride "fast".

Chill, guys, we're not being judgmental at all.  Dave and I both like to throw the coals to it sometimes too, and I use my lap times to gauge how I'm doing as well.  I just don't want this to turn into the "sword fighting" that goes on elsewhere.

I'm in agreement with Huf, it's important for us to be respectful.  Especially to each other.

Doe

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2011, 11:22:05 AM »
I could've set a record lap last night if I didn't have to pull over to let hard tail harris pass me...and then stop and talk to him, to boot!  ;)

R-E-S-P-E-C-T baby!

Jeff Blum

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2011, 11:56:31 AM »
R-E-S-P-E-C-T baby!

I'm expecting you to sing that for me the next time I see you.

MWilliams

• Training wheels on
  • Not fond of Asphalt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2011, 11:58:30 AM »
Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Jeff Blum

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2011, 12:29:35 PM »

merrill714

• Ol Kute
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2011, 04:11:33 PM »
I've been riding for years and I have not incountered a hiker or runner that was at all disrespectful. But I have run into a lot of the so called speed demons that where. I don't care if you go fast, I'll get over when I can, we are all out here to have funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links