//Trail Status mouse over Java // Unauthorized Trail Modifications

Author Topic: Unauthorized Trail Modifications  (Read 8440 times)

tablair76

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
Re: Unauthorized Trail Modifications
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 11:11:42 PM »
Paul, Huf, Kirk, Do we need to look and see if there needs to be "an option" for people that don't feel secure enough to ride over the logs... I noticed the other day (2pm-ish) that a dad and his son stopped to "step over" one of the logs.. this caused a problem because someone was on a "hot Lap" and wasn't happy about having to slow down... they blew pass the kid right before the log and barely missed the dad after the log...

MikeHufhand

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 11:45:53 PM »
Paul, Huf, Kirk, Do we need to look and see if there needs to be "an option" for people that don't feel secure enough to ride over the logs... I noticed the other day (2pm-ish) that a dad and his son stopped to "step over" one of the logs.. this caused a problem because someone was on a "hot Lap" and wasn't happy about having to slow down... they blew pass the kid right before the log and barely missed the dad after the log...

It's not a bad idea to have options on a trail.   On the other hand, it's not always practical.   Again, it's an intermediate trail, so expect some challenges.  If someone is on what you call a "hot lap," this someone should have the skillset to slow down and be courtesy to another rider.   We can't micromanage everyone's ability to have common sense though.

Kirk Wheeler

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
  • Homebrewing is Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 12:21:45 AM »
I am with Huff on this and if I am tired I get off my bike for the log overs and tabletop. If a hot shot is not considerate enough to slow down that person needs to practice his/her trail edicate! The trail is an intermediate skill level so relax and learn the trail flow and be kind and curtious to one another out there on the trail! ;D
HMBA Grill/Brewmaster General
I may be slow but I get there!

MWilliams

• Training wheels on
  • Not fond of Asphalt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 04:15:45 AM »
a dad and his son stopped to "step over" one of the logs.. this caused a problem because someone was on a "hot Lap" and wasn't happy about having to slow down... they blew pass the kid right before the log and barely missed the dad after the log...

That's sad, I hate to even hear that happening.  It absolutely irks me to no end. >:(
Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Kirk Wheeler

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
  • Homebrewing is Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2011, 07:29:04 AM »
reroutes to accommodate 29'ers should not be allowed either. If the trail is too technical for a 29er get a 26er they work every time! ;D
HMBA Grill/Brewmaster General
I may be slow but I get there!

deanarammalamma

• Administrator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 09:58:11 AM »
reroutes to accommodate 29'ers should not be allowed either. If the trail is too technical for a 29er get a 26er they work every time! ;D

YEA KIRKY!!!! 8)

Doe

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2011, 10:11:01 AM »
This may be a silly question but what would be too technical for a 29er on this trail?  ??? 

Jeff Blum

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2011, 10:19:01 AM »
what would be too technical for a 29er on this trail?  ??? 

Kirk.  Dave.  And Dean, evidently.

David Kuehnen

• Should be riding....
  • HMBA-IMBA member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2011, 10:24:14 AM »
I didn't catch that last remark as I have something in my ear.
David Kuehnen, PE

FHSP    - 16 hr
TRTP.     - 8 hr

deanarammalamma

• Administrator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2011, 10:51:24 AM »
what would be too technical for a 29er on this trail?  ??? 

Kirk.  Dave.  And Dean, evidently.

8).. I have a 29er too, but prefer the 26er as my race bike. But you can call me technical, I won't mind. :D

gt ss

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2011, 08:48:00 PM »

Jeff Blum

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2011, 09:57:41 PM »

David Kuehnen

• Should be riding....
  • HMBA-IMBA member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2011, 09:46:18 AM »
Good people...let's not besmirch the Schoen Creek threads with the pointless argument on which wheel size is correct.   Anything from a 29er to a 20" BMX bike is welcomed at Schoen Creek.
David Kuehnen, PE

FHSP    - 16 hr
TRTP.     - 8 hr

Fett

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2011, 10:22:10 AM »
I have yet to encounter a section that is too technical for a 29er. Too technical for my abilities, yes. Too technical for the 29er, no. It just may seem that way because you are carrying way more speed on a 29er  :o
Need a home mortgage?  Let me help.   Click here for more info: www.ruoff.com/jefffetterer

tmac

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2011, 11:13:00 AM »
Too technical for the 29er, no. It just may seem that way because you are carrying way more speed on a 29er

Amen brother!  ;D

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links