//Trail Status mouse over Java // Green Valley Info and Map

Author Topic: Green Valley Info and Map  (Read 9284 times)

Paul_Arlinghaus

• Paul Arlinghaus
  • Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • Follow me to the next work session at Town Run
    • View Profile
Green Valley Info and Map
« on: July 15, 2011, 08:35:08 PM »
Green Valley Loop (Intermediate, Flowy, Back County Trail) 5 miles

With little fanfare, a new trail was opened at Brown County State Park, just in time for the Midwest Women’s Mountain Bike Clinic.  This trail has quietly been in the works for the past couple years.  The 2008 State Trail grant was focused on Versailles, O’Bannon, and Harmonie State Parks, but we saved a bit to get this trail started.  Thanks to the funding HMBA has raised from last year’s Brown County Breakdown, HMBA had the funds to complete the trail using HMBA trail funds and HMBA General Funds.  Local volunteers and a DNR YHCC crew also helped with construction.  The new trail adds a new flavor to the Brown County trail system.  The trail is further out into the woods, giving it a real back woods feel.  The tread is easy and generally free of technical features.  The real appeal is that the trail consists of a series of long climbs and descents, with the trail designed to maximize the downhill fun!  The trail is fun to ride in both directions, so please keep that in mind while descending and practice the “downhill rider yields to uphill rider” etiquette. 

It may seem bold to say, but this trail raises the bar, even for Brown County.  The map below shows the Green Valley trail.  Please note that this trail changes the common thought that talking all “lefts” back from HP is the fastest way to the North Gate.

Note the HP return loop on the map is not built yet.  It is in the planning stages.  Please support HMBA’s Trail Fund and volunteer or take part in the Brown County Breakdown to help fund more trails at Brown County State Park.

Here some shots of the trail builders

HMBA: Director of Trail Development / Secretary

tjuillerat

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic
Re: Green Valley Info and Map
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 05:39:19 PM »
Here's a link to a printable Green Valley map.

A few maps may be available at the gates, but riders should plan to print and bring their own copy if needed.

http://indytriple.tripod.com/Green_Valley_Map.pdf

Thanks to park staff for putting together this temporary map!
Tell me and I forget; show me and I remember; involve me and I understand.
       - Anonymous

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links