//Trail Status mouse over Java // Muscatatuck trails are sweet.

Author Topic: Muscatatuck trails are sweet.  (Read 9197 times)

Box Turtle

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
Re: Muscatatuck trails are sweet.
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 07:11:21 PM »
The trails are surely sweet....I rode them with a buddy on Wednesday afternoon....however, there were still some wet spots from the Dino race damage that holds water....where the trail was described as peanut butter and low spots that need some nicking....
other than that, the trails were in great shape.....this system has a lot of flow and it's a fun course....
The trails can be difficult to follow as the updated signage has not been put in place yet....but it is still a great place to ride !
My compliments to the hard working trail stewards at the 'TUCK...thank you all very much !!  :)
SLOW but SURE !!

CORA--IMBA Member--IMBA RIDE LEADER

RIC0

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2013, 07:12:38 AM »
Rode musc for the first time a week ago an that place needs signs more than any trail i've ever ridden.  Was actually quite aggravating for the first hour or so.  Cool trails but signs would make the trails soooooooooooooooooo much better

Doin the possum trot

David Kuehnen

• Should be riding....
  • HMBA-IMBA member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 08:44:12 AM »

WOW!!! These are some really fun trails.

-sweeping descents
-gradual climbs
-long straightaways
-twisty sections
-rock crossing under a bridge (tried it both directions and couldn't get out either way)
-slick rocks
-no real messy spots

This trail is a blast and doesn't look like it gets a lot of traffic judging by the leaf cover on the trail. I'm not sure if all the weed whacking that has been done is a regular thing or if it was because of the DINO weekend coming up but the whacking was 1st class.

The only complaint is I think I missed some trails because it's a tiny bit confusing with all the intersections there. I'm not one to carry a map with me but to "memorize it" before I go. A couple more trips and I think I'll have it down.

I second this opinion.
David Kuehnen, PE

FHSP    - 16 hr
TRTP.     - 8 hr

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links