Other Great Indiana MTB Trails > Muscatatuck Trails

Muscatatuck trails are sweet.

(1/4) > >>

gt ss:
This was the second time I've ridden these trails. The first being the last time a DINO mission race was there (not impressed then).

WOW!!! These are some really fun trails.

-sweeping descents
-gradual climbs
-long straightaways
-twisty sections
-rock crossing under a bridge (tried it both directions and couldn't get out either way)
-slick rocks
-no real messy spots

This trail is a blast and doesn't look like it gets a lot of traffic judging by the leaf cover on the trail. I'm not sure if all the weed whacking that has been done is a regular thing or if it was because of the DINO weekend coming up but the whacking was 1st class.

The only complaint is I think I missed some trails because it's a tiny bit confusing with all the intersections there. I'm not one to carry a map with me but to "memorize it" before I go. A couple more trips and I think I'll have it down.

AWESOME network  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;

tmac:
That trail has always been one of my favorites. I haven't had a chance to try the new out and back part. Did you ride it?

Fett:
I rode there Monday night. It is my favorite race course and one of my favorite trails. My tendancy over the years is the ride the heck out of the trail the month before the DINO race and thet n not ride it much the rest of the year.

It is amazing that every year that I come back, I find that the trail builders have tweaked and improved the trail a little more. I have ridden it since its beginning and you can really see the maturity of how the people who build and maintain have really improved their ability and feel for the trail. You guys are doing good work.

gt ss:

--- Quote from: tmac on June 17, 2011, 08:11:24 PM ---That trail has always been one of my favorites. I haven't had a chance to try the new out and back part. Did you ride it?

--- End quote ---

I don't think so because I never had to turn around.

NVmtbRIDER:
If you are looking for the new out and back trail "Park Ave." it will be just after you cross through the glass creek section of Muscatatuck. 
It is just before the start of the climb to the ball field.  Look to the right and you will see an opening for new trail system.  Signs will hopefully be availble this season.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version