//Trail Status mouse over Java // Green Valley is now open.

Author Topic: Green Valley is now open.  (Read 28808 times)

mrfun

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
Re: One end of Green Valley is now open.
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2011, 05:23:48 PM »
Well spoken.  I have hiked it several times; once when it was almost finished and twice after it was finished.  I keep thinking I will try and get my bike on it and walk some parts but as of yet no dice.  I have to admit I road ride a lot and with fall coming will spend more time on the mountain bike.  Also got a 29er and it seems to roll a little better over the trail so with some more miles on it will think about tackling the big daddy.  Paul is correct in saying that no trail is perfect for everyone but Green Valley is CLOSE. 

mtnbkmike

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2011, 05:47:42 PM »
Green valley is a blast! I have rode it 8 different times in 3 weeks, 2 times was at night. Great job in building this trail and thanks for all the work to make it possible.
2 Wheels are better than 4

mrfun

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2011, 08:54:56 PM »
With all this praise for the trail Alex/Harold will be probably getting a hat size three times larger than normal.  However the praise is justified.

Inept_MTBer

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2011, 08:04:48 PM »
I have to ask: Who's devious idea was it to structure the first quarter of the trail from the North Tower Loop/Gate connector like it's an uphill pump track? I swear my shoulders have never burned that much after that heave-fest over those mini-rises on the ascent.

Don't get me wrong it's still a ton of fun and plenty challenging, just was curious if that was the intent or if I missed an obvious clue...or something....insert joke here that I forgot.
Oh look, a dragonfl*CRUNCH!*

Bigdaddy

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2011, 08:29:58 PM »
Because it's a downhill pump track,your just riding it the wrong way!

getsometrail

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2011, 08:31:42 PM »
Finally got my Green Valley on and I can't say anything that hasn't already been said.  Great addition to BCSP!  I haven't ridden any trails outside of IN & MI but I can't imagine trails getting any better given the topography.  I always try to get rides in at many different trails but with the exception of French Lick nothing tops the trails here.  Can't wait for the Breakdown so I can ride this stuff again!
Roads...?  Where we're going we don't need roads!  Travis Eacret 2008 Giant Trance X2.

Indiana Dave

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2011, 08:23:51 AM »
I have to ask: Who's devious idea was it to structure the first quarter of the trail from the North Tower Loop/Gate connector like it's an uphill pump track? I swear my shoulders have never burned that much after that heave-fest over those mini-rises on the ascent.

Don't get me wrong it's still a ton of fun and plenty challenging, just was curious if that was the intent or if I missed an obvious clue...or something....insert joke here that I forgot.

Yea. Basically, you have a pump track towards the end of either direction you're riding it.
Green Valley is the most fun trail in the park if you like going pretty fast, and catching some air.
I will say that Sunday it was a little busy, and sometimes it was hard to remember there were riders coming up the trail as I was bombing down... A couple riders caught me by surprise, I was so focused on the trail.
David
"The bike rescuer"
Friends don't let Friends ride Walmart bikes.

ricdix

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2011, 09:24:25 AM »
I dropped in for a BC fix a couple of Sundays ago. Green Valley is the amazing result of years of high quality, experienced trail building. You guys didn’t just get lucky…… you just keep getting better at what you do. Kudos. Richard

single_trak_mind

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
Re: Green Valley is now open.
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2011, 05:18:51 AM »
AWESOME!!! Our HMBA ROCKS!! Green Valley great fun both ways!!! ;D
Happy Trails!

Dave G.

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • HMBA Southwestway Park Trail Rep
    • View Profile
Re: Green Valley is now open.
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2011, 09:24:53 AM »
I suspect most people like riding it one particular direction if that was the first way they rode it.  I first rode it going clockwise from Aynes to NT, and still prefer riding it that way, but I've been developing a better appreciation for the counterclockwise direction.  For it to be really fun counterclockwise, it needs to be ridden several times to get into the rhythm of when to stand up and work the rises to keep up momentum.

Dave
David Gardner
Husband, Granddad, Mountain biker
Southwestway Trail Bum

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links