//Trail Status mouse over Java // Proposed NEW TRAILS - Owen Putnam State Forest

Author Topic: Proposed NEW TRAILS - Owen Putnam State Forest  (Read 218 times)

Krautwaggen

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Proposed NEW TRAILS - Owen Putnam State Forest
« on: February 25, 2019, 11:17:25 AM »
There will be a public interest meeting held at the Owen County Public Library in Spencer, IN this Wednesday, February 27th, 2019 at 6:30pm to discuss the potential for purpose built mountain bike trails on a particular parcel of land at Owen Putnam State Forest. Please attend if you can. We're looking for local volunteers in particular to help build the trail! We don't currently have approval from the State, but we've explored the property and have found it to be suitable with 200 feet of elevation gain and potential of 8-10 miles of single track.

To stay informed, like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/mtboci/  Thanks!

matt_laker

• Should be riding....
  • SIMBA Member (& socks to prove it!) 8-)
    • View Profile
Re: Proposed NEW TRAILS - Owen Putnam State Forest
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 09:16:21 AM »
How'd it go?  I'm in Indy, but with enough advanced notice I'd be interested in coming down for some trail-building sessions!  Prior experience at Southwestway Park (Indy), BCSP, & Crooked Creek trail in Yellowwood St. Forest!!
Fat Bikes Matter!

Krautwaggen

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Re: Proposed NEW TRAILS - Owen Putnam State Forest
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 12:37:36 AM »
We had a pretty good turn out for the first meeting. We still need to find more local trail builder volunteers and walk the property a few more times to figure out a good layout of the system, but weíre coming along. I tend to update the fb page more as itís easier. Iíll try to remember to post here as well. Hope to see you down in OP sometime!

Brian

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links