//Trail Status mouse over Java // Trail around lake private property?

Author Topic: Trail around lake private property?  (Read 4163 times)

beer_belly

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Training wheels on
    • View Profile
Trail around lake private property?
« on: November 22, 2010, 09:55:34 AM »
Rode at park yesterday went under bridge took trail along creek back to lake rode trail through woods to lake, some one across the creek was yell get off my property. When we got to end of the trail I did see a private property sign, we rode grass to road and took it back. Are we not supposed to be back there?

flyinbrian

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
Re: Trail around lake private property?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 01:10:02 PM »

The old trail at the south part of the property near the gulf course, that has a sign staked in the middle of it, and runs south east is on privet property. We found that out the hard way last year when we were building new trails back their. For years everyone thought the property line was at the creek. The property line runs from that sign in the trail north east at an angle. So if you are on the trail that runs north east from that sign and eventually runs along the creek you are fine. The property owners across the creek are not very nice with their words and would like to never see anyone back there. But if we stay on the parks property we are fine.
Brian Bowerbank

beer_belly

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 05:09:56 PM »
Thanks, we were on the trail running along the creek.  The lady yelling was going nuts!!!!

bboehman

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 12:25:22 PM »
We are going to reroute it this spring it really isn't that much of a difference but enough that they don't want us there.  I have an e-mail into the manager from early last week and am just waiting to hear back as to when we can start working again.  Everything has been on hold all year with the construction.  He did tell me in October he was ready for us to build on the back property so just waiting to get approval.  But we will reroute that small part first and that way they don't have the ability to chase us off.
Bob

bboehman

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 04:57:19 PM »
I did the reroute earlier this year, so if anyone runs into the neighbors yelling they have no complaint as we have no section of trail that is on the part they actuall own.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links