HMBA Trail Information > Southwestway Park

Southwestway Directions and Information

(1/5) > >>

KevinG:
Information
SWW is a multiuse park for biking, hiking, and horse riding.  Trails are marked to show who has permission to use them.  The entrances to the bike trail are right off of the upper gravel parking lot near the large park rules sign.  Head down the doubletrack to the left of the sign.  When the doubletrack makes a right hand turn the singletrack entrance is on the left.  To find the entrance to ride in the other direction follow the doubletrack down the hill and right after reaching the tree lines after the powerline crossing the singletrack will split off to the right.

7500 S. Mann Road
Indianapolis, IN 46221

Trail Map

Facebook Group
Park Users:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=204530125309

Jathtal:
My buddy and I went for a ride on Monday at Southwestway Park.  I will say that I like what there was except for the fact that we got turned around somewhere and ended up on the golf course.  The signs were really confusing or maybe we just missed something.  Any tips?

KevinG:
we're working on getting better signage.   if you're going south on the levee and get to the hill turn right and ride along the side of the hill and not straight up it.

Dave G.:

--- Quote from: Jathtal on September 08, 2010, 12:43:36 PM ---My buddy and I went for a ride on Monday at Southwestway Park.  I will say that I like what there was except for the fact that we got turned around somewhere and ended up on the golf course.  The signs were really confusing or maybe we just missed something.  Any tips?

--- End quote ---

I've posted a couple of rules of thumb on riding SWW, I'll recap them here too:

1.  Anything on the river bottom between the levee and the river is Hike/Equestrian ONLY.
2.  Any trail with numbered signs nailed to the trees is Hike/Equestrian ONLY.
3.  Any trails on Mann Hill proper (except for the bench cut trail on the south levee extension) are Hike/Equestrian ONLY.

Another easy way to find out the exact path for Lenape Trail is to come out on Wednesday evenings at 630PM for the SWW Wednesday ride!  Or, post up whe you are riding, and perhaps one of the more seasoned riders can meet you and take you for a tour.

Dave

IndyRider:
How long is the lap at SWW?  Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version