//Trail Status mouse over Java // BCSP Trail Conditions

Author Topic: BCSP Trail Conditions  (Read 358625 times)

rmc

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
Re: BCSP Trail Conditions
« Reply #255 on: May 29, 2018, 03:33:15 PM »
Trails were great condition Saturday.  Lot's of rookies out there.

Lots of new people pedaling full effort coming at us, and not yielding any room...even to us when we were climbing.  More than I ever remember before.  I clipped multiple peoples handlebars and I was off the side of the single track; because they were still in the middle of the trail going full effort/pedal.  People seriously need to be more considerate to other trail users, stop pedaling when passing, and give room!  Yield to climbers, it's super easy. 

holzhaus

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • http://www.DINOseries.com
« Reply #256 on: May 29, 2018, 09:05:56 PM »
DINO races at Brown County this weekend! If you've never raced, join us! Your first race is free in our Intro division.

If you're not racing, the following times will have trail restrictions on North Tower, Aynes, Green Valley, and the North Gate Connector: Saturday, 9-11 am (trail run footrace), and Sunday 10 am - 1:30 pm. Please do not use these trails at these times.

At other times late Friday through Sunday afternoon, we STRONGLY suggest any riding on these trails be in the marked direction. Riders will be practicing the race route as marked.
Course maps:
Trail Run http://www.dinoseries.com/storage/course-maps/run-course-map-brown-county.pdf
MTB http://www.dinoseries.com/storage/course-maps/mtb-brown-county.pdf
MTB race information: http://www.dinoseries.com/mtb-race-brown-county-state/

Thanks and happy trails!

s0ckeyeus

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 01, 2018, 08:01:31 AM »
Any predictions for the conditions tonight and tomorrow? I'm headed up that way and would really like to get some riding in if the trails aren't too bad. I know about the races and can plan my route accordingly.

holzhaus

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • http://www.DINOseries.com
« Reply #258 on: June 01, 2018, 08:58:23 AM »
I've received reports of some trees down needing chainsaw work on North Tower and Green Valley. Who are our certified chain saw operators that can help clear these out?

It'll probably be dry enough to ride, just watch for debris and blow downs until it's all cleared. Take a few minutes to pull sticks and branches off the trail if you ride.

Paul_Arlinghaus

• Paul Arlinghaus
  • Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • Follow me to the next work session at Town Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 01, 2018, 12:30:53 PM »
Please clear of anything small.  We have trail work this weekend at Yellowwood, so we will need very specific information on the location of downed trees in order to cut them out before the races.
HMBA: Director of Trail Development / Secretary

davebik

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 14, 2018, 04:00:01 PM »
Any updates today on trail conditions? thanks

Paul_Arlinghaus

• Paul Arlinghaus
  • Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • Follow me to the next work session at Town Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 14, 2018, 04:44:23 PM »
Some of the locals are heading out tonight.  Should have better info tomorrow.  We expect the tread to be ok by tomorrow afternoon, but are waiting to see if trees are down.
HMBA: Director of Trail Development / Secretary

Unfit Nitwit

« Reply #262 on: June 15, 2018, 11:59:05 AM »
Yellow.  Seeps and puddling. Tree down on Pine Loop between the single bridge and north shelter restroom.

bikerman

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 20, 2018, 10:28:08 AM »
Do you still need to purchase a "Trail Pass" at BCSP? I bought one last year never been stopped to show it, haven't bought one yet for this year...

JCampbell

• GT Sensor
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 20, 2018, 10:48:19 AM »
Do you still need to purchase a "Trail Pass" at BCSP? I bought one last year never been stopped to show it, haven't bought one yet for this year...

You are supposed to have a trail pass.  Can you sneak in without paying and get away with it?  Probably.  It's a bit of an honor system so honorable riders will pay to help support the park.

Unfit Nitwit

« Reply #265 on: June 23, 2018, 09:43:11 AM »
Closed off Pine Loop. Trail will be Yellow this afternoon.
Should avoid Green Valley and Hobbs.

JCampbell

• GT Sensor
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 28, 2018, 04:28:42 PM »
Tough call on trail conditions today.  Tower Connect, Tower Loop, Aynes, and Green Valley were mostly dry, but there were a lot of slick spots and even a little slop in some places so I'm reluctant to call them green.  Fortunately, by tomorrow they should definitely be green.

Unfit Nitwit

« Reply #267 on: June 29, 2018, 10:11:39 AM »
Opening Pine Loop. Not that the gate was stopping anyone. Due to the number of users on the trail with the gate closed I won't be wasting my time to fix any bad spots.

Unfit Nitwit

« Reply #268 on: June 29, 2018, 11:44:44 AM »
Yellow overall. Some puddling, some nearly ready to be dust.

Unfit Nitwit

« Reply #269 on: July 10, 2018, 12:42:24 PM »
Leaving Pine Loop closed. Too many spots are pine soup... peanut butter mud mixed with pine needles.
It would be ready to open if riders would stay off when the gate is closed, but they ride and block the drains because this one mile of trail is so amazing.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links