//Trail Status mouse over Java // Avon Trail Work

Author Topic: Avon Trail Work  (Read 107340 times)

treebeard

Re: Avon Trail Work
« Reply #195 on: December 08, 2009, 03:47:54 PM »
My how things change. I havent been on here in a long while (really no need to be). Just now learning of Brian stepping down. Ive really enjoyed doing trail work with ya over the years Brian (i know i havent been there much but..). I also understand why your ready to be done with it. I would too after what ive learned of the new management. Youve done a great job on the trails and its been really fun working with you (and also Darin, Bob and a few others whos names i cant recall). All of us, no matter how much work we've put in individually, have made this short little Avon trail one to be reckoned with and one hell of a fun ride. Our Avon trail will always rock. Hope we can meet up there for a ride or see ya 'round there sometime.

Andrew

flyinbrian

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 15, 2009, 02:00:55 PM »

Hey Andrew!
It has always been nice working with you too.  You may not feel like you have been able to help much. But as I remember you helped out on a couple of important project. Building the TTF bridges on the free ride trail (both times ???) and making Spencers corner safer by moving all the dirt to make it into a switchback turn. Those were long and hard day that you put in!
 I will still be out there some to help with trail work; I just won’t be leading it. I also still enjoy the trails at Avon that many of us have put time into to make better.  Hopefully we will run into each other out on the trail this next year.

Brian
Brian Bowerbank

T WING

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 21, 2010, 06:46:20 PM »
Bob I talk to eric and jessica on saturday while i was checking out the damage to the back section, The projects are behind schedule naturelly but they are guessing 1st part of june. They seemed real hip to the idea of building a trail all along the perimeter of the new property but to get this going the westside crew leader needs to be at erics dooorstep with ideas and plans. The potential for some awesome trails is still there but whether we can get the planning and manpower to do it is the question. I will try and help you any I can but my time will pretty limited this summer due to my kids busy schedules. I am sure B Bowerbank would be happy to assist you in the trasition to the new trail boss. On a lighter note callme and lets ride!

bboehman

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 21, 2010, 10:32:08 PM »
We do need to get togethor and ride soon!  I will start talking to Eric and see what we can do, and get some ideas from Brian as well.  As you mentioned my schedule has been a little nuts right now.  On top of teaching 4 nights making them 13 hour days, our Principal tore her ACL and MCL and will be out the rest of the year, so I am filling in at school as acting principal on top of still trying to take care of my classroom items (even with a sub).  And this is going to go until the end of the school year now, so it has been crazy!  This coming weekend I am going to get over there and start talking and looking around as I will be on spring break. 
Bob

flyinbrian

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 22, 2010, 01:01:25 PM »

Hey Bob!
I figured that you have been real busy, knowing that you have been working evenings besides your day job. And that is besides having a new baby in the house.
 I finally made it over to Avon Friday after work and the trails really look pretty good. That new road going through there really changes the looks and feel of things. :-\
 My main concern this spring would be to do a little work on the trail that we just got in last year. Connect the areas that had to be changed due to property line issues and hopefully get some traffic on it so it doesn’t grow back in. Planning for future trail around property line like Todd said would be good too. But I think it is a little late this year to actually build any new trail because of peoples busy schedules and how quickly things are going to grow in soon. But that is just my two cents worth!
 I am off next week also for my kid’s spring break. We will have to hook up for some trail work or at least to get a ride in.

Brian B
Brian Bowerbank

jjess102

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 22, 2010, 02:09:51 PM »
Hey Brian,

If you do any trail work let me know and I'll try to make it out.

Jim

icemanmedic1

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 22, 2010, 10:23:10 PM »
Brian...if you could pass my phone number on to whoever will be heading up the Avon trail sessions that would be great!  I will be graduating this May and I can't wait to have some "free time" to kill!
Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see!

flyinbrian

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 23, 2010, 11:58:56 AM »

Hi  Jim and Nathen!

I did pass your phone numbers and E-mails on to Bob. (bboeham) is his log on name. Bob is real busy right now but he will be the man setting up trail work days. I will be there when I can but I needed someone else to take on the brunt of it and Bob stepped up.

Avon has always been a great local place to ride! And there is still a lot of untapped area to build trails. If we can get a trail built around the perimeter of the south property …that would make for a real good size loop to ride! Even with a road through the middle of it, we would hardly know it, because we would be on single track. ;D

Thank you both for speaking up and saying that you are willing to help again!

Brian B
Brian Bowerbank

bboehman

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 23, 2010, 10:12:04 PM »
Brian,
  I believe your thoughts are worth much more than 2 cents!!  We do need to get togethor and ride soon with Todd, squeezing even ride time in has been a challenge.  Todd your response did come at a good time, with spring break coming, I am meeting with Eric next week and we will go from there.  Thanks to all of you willing to come out and help keep this place going, I will know more next week and we can get the ball rolling again on what Brian has done for a long time.
Bob

T WING

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 08, 2010, 08:54:18 PM »
Bob when you talk to Eric next let him know all the singletrack trails need trimmed before they take over the trail like last year. I did it  last year but since he likes total control let him and his guys do it this year.We still need to go on a ride soon or when school gets out anyway. Ronnie Austin lost in the election last tuesday so there will be a new man in charge soon. I do not know what that means for the current staff or the park itself but I am sure change is inevitable.

bboehman

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 10, 2010, 09:18:23 AM »
Todd,
  i will send him an email today and see how he wants to handle it. As long as Austen doesn't have a softball game one of the upcoming saturdays we should take a road trip to BCSP.
Bob

T WING

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 31, 2010, 04:34:08 PM »
Bob what was Erics reply because they have done nothing about the weeds. I would say in the next couple of weeks the single track will not even be rideable. My guess he will say how busy they are and they dont have time because that is what he always said before. If that is the case we can get 4 or 5 volunteers we could knock it out it out in 3 hours or so. Word of advice on dealing with Eric he will talk big and than never follow up or do anything he says just ask Brian. Let me know what you find out and you need to ride with us one weekend we usually ride at 7 to 730am.

bboehman

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 01, 2010, 09:36:55 AM »
Just got back with me, and we can do it if we want.  I can't in 2 weeks but could do it this weekend.  Let me check what time Austen's softball game is and maybe we can get something scheduled soon.
Bob

deanarammalamma

• Administrator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 05, 2010, 06:38:50 PM »
Okay. The rantings of a couple folks (and the responses) have been deleted, and one user deleted and banned. To the other, this is your one and only warning. If you don't have anything constructive to say, or actual suggestions on how to make things better, just keep it to yourself.

We do allow open discussion, but trolling for flames will NOT be tolerated. You will be banned, and you will be deleted. Period.

Don't like it? Stay off.

Now, back to the topic at hand, Trail Work.

flyinbrian

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 08, 2010, 10:20:45 AM »
Okay. The rantings of a couple folks (and the responses) have been deleted, and one user deleted and banned. To the other, this is your one and only warning. If you don't have anything constructive to say, or actual suggestions on how to make things better, just keep it to yourself.

We do allow open discussion, but trolling for flames will NOT be tolerated. You will be banned, and you will be deleted. Period.

Don't like it? Stay off.

Now, back to the topic at hand, Trail Work.

Good job!!! and well stated!
Brian Bowerbank

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links