Other Great Indiana MTB Trails > Avon - Washington Township Park

Avon Trail Work

<< < (5/59) > >>

flyinbrian:
Sorry about the last minute notice, but I thought that I was going to have to work this weekend. Anyway I plan on puting in a few hours of trial work tomorrow (Saturday). We will start at 8:00 and work until 11:00. If you are there by 8:00 meet at utility shed by the play ground otherwise find us out on the trail.We appreciate any time you can give to help.

Brian B

flyinbrian:
Small change of plans. Meet down by park mainteance barn saturday.

Thanks,     Brian B

flyinbrian:
We got some good work done Saturday. We cut up and removed  the large rotted tree that fell on the trail to regain about 40 foot of the trail back. Built a crib wall to shore up the side of the trail on Huff's Ridge. Hauled rock from the train bridge to Huff's Ridge with a wheel barrel. Then fixed another one of those areas that water just drains out from the side of the hill on to the trail. And we also armored the impact area as you are comming off the bridge on the new reroute trail. Big thanks to Spencer, Jimmy, Jason, and Bob for your help! I think it was good for Eric (new park manager) to see the support of five MTN Bikers working on the trails on a beautiful Saturday morning also. ;D

Brian B

Darin:
Brian spent last evening weed-eating the trails with heavy vegitative growth.  I will continue tonight as time allows.  I plan to work on the area east of the iron bridge. 

Darin:
Trail east of the iron bridge is trimmed back.  Trails are very dry and fast!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version