Other Great Indiana MTB Trails > Avon - Washington Township Park

Avon Trail Work

<< < (4/59) > >>

Darin:
I'll try to make it..........and I'll try to bring help with me!

flyinbrian:
Got alot done Saturday thank to some great help from Spencer and Todd. We armored and rechanneld the drainage in a wet area on gambles run.Then we made two log bridges thanks to Spencers skill with the chain saw. The log bridges are down by the train bridge. They enable us to make one trail "In" and anothe trail "out" to access the trails south of the train bridge. Those trails still need some work but they are usable.

Brian B

flyinbrian:
Eric (Avons new land manager) aproved a reroute trail around the large Mud Bog on sparrows trail (wide trail leading up to maintenance barns). this is a temp. trail as of now, but I hope it wil prove to be permenant. Because the exsisting trail runs through a low area that is wet every year. There was still going to be a wet area with the new reroute. So I built a 12 foot bridge in my garage Sat. while it was snowing .then a few of us put it in place sunday. The trail is soft becase it is new ,but hopefully it will get packed in good by Saturday for the DINO race. Like I said ,it is planed to be temperary ,so if you like it let Eric know so hopefully the trail can stay as a option.

Brian B

flyinbrian:
I made a mistake. The reroute trail around the mud bog is actually off of Kingsway trail before it splits off to sparrow trail. Anyway, I have some good news! After seeing the new reroute trail in, Eric (Park Manager) has decided to keep it open permanently as an alternate to the existing trail.  :)  Even though it is a short trail, I think this is great news because every bit of singletrack trail makes it more fun to ride. And plus it is a good dry trail. Remember keep water off trail and keep users on trail is the keys to a succesful trail!

Brian B

flyinbrian:
No trail work this weekend. I will be out of town. We do plan on doing more trail improvements this spring yet. So if tou haven't had yuor chance to help,don't worry, you will!  I wil post it here when we get another work day planned.

Brian B

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version