//Trail Status mouse over Java // Trail Conditions

Author Topic: Trail Conditions  (Read 112525 times)

trek1969

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
Re: Trail Conditions
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2011, 11:23:11 AM »
I was out on the trails around a week ago or so for the first time. I just wanted to thank all involved working to keep things
up. I am new to MTB and Avon was on my list of places to ride. I hope get over there again sometime.
2011 Gary Fisher Mamba
Shimano xt cranks w/34T Race Face n/w ring
1x10, Bontrager 29-4 tires

dhorner

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2012, 11:52:37 PM »
Took the family out here a couple times this week.  Kids really enjoyed it.  It's definately a benefit having an area where kids can get used to dirt trails that are not very difficult or complicated.  Its also a benefit for us family guys to have the park there for when the kids get worn out (of riding) and want to play.  Would be nice if there was a bit more trail like SWW, but the "park" aspect of this trail will definately keep me coming back here on a regular basis.

Now if I can just get my butt out to some of the other trails to try out. :)

icemanmedic1

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2012, 05:49:42 PM »
Trails have never been better this early in the season...enjoy it while u can!
Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see!

bboehman

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2012, 08:39:26 AM »
Trails were great yesterday.  Big thanks to the Boy Scout group that built the new bridges on Brian's trail, it was my first chance out there this year (newborn) and the second one looked great.  At least the trail is back out of the mud great job guys.  We have a couple of trees blocking an intersection on the back part, but other than that for no trailwork days it looked great.  Looking to finally finish the back loop this year so stay tuned for the chance to add a little new trail!
Bob

madbike

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2012, 10:29:54 PM »
Made a few laps today with my son Noah.  Trails are in good shape an time riding with Noah is bonus. Tree blocking a portion of lower section by White Lick Creek  Did read a disturbing article in a local Avon Town Flyer that master plan is to pave a trail from the Whipple bridge along WLC to the Pavilion Center

Bob keep me posted on plans for future trail work.

bboehman

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2012, 09:40:32 PM »
Didn't get out there tonight but with the way SWW was and knowing Avon I would say yellow at the least.
Bob

bboehman

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2012, 09:34:54 PM »
No rain to speak of here yet, even stayed dry on the commute home from Indy where it was raining, so the trail should stay green unless we get something before 2 am tonight.
Bob

beer_belly

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2012, 07:46:09 PM »
A tree down on trail back under bridge along creek.

madbike

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2012, 04:35:56 PM »
Made a few laps today.  A few muddy spots but overall dry.  Site prep for the paved trail along White Lick Creek has begun.  Trail from the Whipple Bridge to the train bridge is closed.

Dan71

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2012, 08:35:41 PM »
I will be in Avon visiting family tomorrow.  Should I bring the bike?  Looks like you are getting rain.

mdurkee

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2012, 03:23:35 PM »
Took the bike out to Avon Sunday evening.  This was my first time to Avon this year.  Wow, the trails I rode were a bit of a mess.  First, the portion of the trail that ran along the stream is torn out, it looks like they are building another paved road where that trail was.  The little loop across the stream south of the baseball fields is overgrown.  I took one lap through it and bloodied my shins with weed/thisle slap.  The north loop along the stream that circles the free ride trail is in good condition.  That was the only section that was just as I remember from last year.  I heard that there were new trails built out by the water near the outdoor theatre but could not find them.  Did not go through the trails at the top of the park.  Perhaps the ones up top are as I remember from last year..

madbike

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2012, 09:55:49 PM »
Went bush wacking at Avon this evening.  Trails are over grown.  Itchy scratched up shins and arms is a small price to pay for good ride. Some trails in the woods behind the Pavilion lake have trimmed.  Thanks to whoever made the effort.

bboehman

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2012, 12:53:48 PM »
We will work on a trailwork day to get the weeds cut, the problem is more riders than trailworkers.  Generally here when I or Brian in the past call for one the same other two people showup.  Currently trying to find a weekend that will work.
Bob

Todd H

• Training wheels on
  • HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2012, 09:46:37 PM »
 So l went to the park today to trim some trails. I stopped by and asked Dennis to use a weed eater and he said that I could not. Something about new management and liability, he would have to get with them to find out what he can do. So l asked if I could use my own tools, he said sure. He did say that he had a tractor now and had cut some of the trails with it, the trail across the iron bridge (Whipple trail) and Brian's trail. So I got my own tools and cut the rest of the trail south of the trestle to where the unknown trail trimmer stopped by the pond and tulip trail. I also opened up the section of trail by the south pond that had been closed from fallen trees with another tool that I brought along. I did not have time to ride and check out the rest of the trails. My guess is that Poplar pass will still need done. I will ride tomorrow eve and check it out. Todd Himes                                   

madbike

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2012, 12:39:05 PM »
Todd:  Thanks greatly for the trail work.  I rode Monday evening and plan on making laps again tonight.  Trails in good shape overall.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links