//Trail Status mouse over Java // Trail Conditions

Author Topic: Trail Conditions  (Read 78741 times)

deanarammalamma

• Administrator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Re: Trail Conditions
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2010, 09:07:00 PM »
Trail Bosses, I've added Avon to the trail status chart on www.hmba.org. Please post Trail Condition updates as follows:

Green = All Dry
Yellow = some puddles/slick spots
Red = wet, please don't ride

Thanks!
Dno

mdbhound25

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 08:23:54 AM »
A couple buddies and I had planned on riding Avon this afternoon.  I see that it is currently red.. Any chance it will be rideable this afternoon?  Thanks.

deanarammalamma

• Administrator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 08:25:55 AM »
Maybe later, if the sun comes out and there's a nice breeze. A good rule of thumb, if you venture out, is if you're leaving ruts, it's too wet and you should turn around.

mdbhound25

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 10:07:54 AM »
Ok thanks.  Been riding a long time and in far away places and I really try not to ride when I could cause ruts for both the trail and my drive train! 

I know it is difficult to update all of the trails quickly without taking gueses but I did look at weather underground and the indy airport has received the least rain in the area over the past 4 days, bloomington (bcty) the most, muncie (rangeline and westwood) next, then fishers (t run), and the least was at the airport (avon). 

If anyone knows better or lives near rockville rd please let me know.  Thanks!

deanarammalamma

• Administrator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 10:23:50 AM »
Dude.. that's great information.. Thanks! I'll update accordingly this afternoon

bboehman

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 10:31:23 AM »
I live a half a mile from there, we did get a lot of rain last night, I currently have an email into the park to find out conditions I will let everyone know as soon as I here back.
Bob

mdbhound25

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2010, 12:51:27 PM »
Any Updates for this afternoon?

Thanks!

bboehman

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2010, 01:19:18 PM »
Haven't heard back from the park, but my wife was just there with the little one, and said the doubletrack had puddles and all of it was soft, so my guess is ruts would be left and she agreed with that.  I do know it was raining hard enough to wake me up last night, and with the puddles I would say tomorrow afternoon would be best, but I am going to check it early in the morning.  I would hold off today.
Bob

deanarammalamma

• Administrator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2010, 02:44:50 PM »
Please consider the trail Red until tomorrow afternoon. I'll update the status chart on www.hmba.org late tomorrow morning with the most recent information.

deanarammalamma

• Administrator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2010, 10:44:13 PM »
Hello all. As you know, I update the Trail Status chart on www.hmba.org. In order to keep this accurate, I really rely on updates on these Trail Condition forums. Currently, Avon is the least updated and may have to be removed from the Trail Status chart to make room for more trails. If someone can step up and give more timely updates on this thread, I'll keep Avon on the chart, but as of now I'm planning on removing it.

Please chime in soon. I'll be working on the code this weekend (it'll probably take me a week or so though, since I fairly busy with other stuff too).

Thanks!
Dno

icemanmedic1

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2010, 10:43:35 PM »
make avon yellow....the lowland doubletracks are saturated and will be for sometime....the singletrack has the few usual wetspots but overall are ready to ride
Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see!

deanarammalamma

• Administrator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2010, 06:46:36 AM »
Done! Thanks

booxe

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2010, 03:01:06 PM »
Too wet to ride.  Did not even bother to check the lowland since the initial entry is really saturated.

May be rideable in 24 hrs if we're lucky enough to avoid more rain.

icemanmedic1

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 05:53:14 PM »
Gonna head out tomorrow evening to check on trail conditions...suspect them to be ok in the upper parts and soaked in the lower areas....hoping for the best
Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see!

cducati

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2010, 12:24:28 PM »
I rode there yeasterday AM.  Most parts were dry but some were very wet, and best avoided.

I'm a 2 mile ride through adjoining neighbor hoods to the Softball fields, which connect to the trail.
I'll be heading out for a ride in a few minutes.

I'll post results when I get back.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links