//Trail Status mouse over Java // Trail Conditions

Author Topic: Trail Conditions  (Read 112318 times)

Todd H

• Training wheels on
  • HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
Re: Trail Conditions
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2013, 10:14:31 PM »
  Rode yesterday and today, after 5PM. Yesterday was good, today had a few soft/muddy spots (looked like it was a little bit sloppier in a few spots for a hiker earlier in the afternoon sun) tomorrow will be OK in the AM and evening. Took a few pictures of some problems. Looks like we'll be rerouting the section between the creek and the lower pond behind the pavilion again.
[/img]

[/img]

Matt E.

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2013, 10:52:32 AM »
Thank goodness that tree was there, else the bridge might have been lost.

ted_kissel26

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2014, 12:53:29 PM »
I hate to complain about any HMBA trails since I will always strongly respect and admire what HMBA does.  I've always been impressed by the condition of most trails on this site, but I noticed the Avon trails had some large tire tracks on the main loop of the Avon trails.  Any chance me or someone else could organize a work session to get those tracks smoothed out? 

getsometrail

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2014, 01:28:43 PM »
This isn't technically an HMBA trail.  Folks who ride here on a regular basis have used the forum to organize workdays independent of HMBA in the past.  I am guessing any changes would have to be approve by Washington Township Parks land manager.
Roads...?  Where we're going we don't need roads!  Travis Eacret 2008 Giant Trance X2.

dprimm

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 11, 2014, 08:41:38 AM »
What is the deal with the trails in Avon?  Are users allowed to weed-eat them?  There are a couple of spots that need chopping back, but I don't know the rules here. 

fezick

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 06, 2014, 08:46:35 PM »
Rode the lower trails today. Everything south of the rail bridge was good with only a few wet spots. Had to turn around on the northern trails though and walk my bike out. Standing water and lots of mud.

fezick

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 13, 2014, 05:08:30 PM »
I rode most of the trails today. Everything was great except for a mud puddle on the trail from the rail bridge to the pavilion and the swamp that has formed on Eagle's Way. It looks like some bandit trails that go straight down the hill have caused drainage issues.

fezick

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2014, 07:54:18 PM »
Trails were in great shape tonight (save for the swamp on eagle's way). I saw several riders out tonight...great to see others on the trails!

matt_laker

• Should be riding....
  • SIMBA Member (& socks to prove it!) 8-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 16, 2015, 03:14:35 PM »
I rode all of the trails last night---they're in great shape!  The lowest area (Flyin' Brian?) is soft and could use a little more time to dry, but everything else was GREAT (GREEN!!!).
Anyone with the powers-that-be...switch it to GREEN! 
Fat Bikes Matter!

matt_laker

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 17, 2015, 08:22:15 PM »
Hello???  Anybody home (or care)?
Fat Bikes Matter!

fezick

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 28, 2015, 02:11:25 PM »
Great to hear there are other AWP riders on these forums :) I've only been out once (with my daughter) since the weather warmed up.

From what I understand, HMBA reps rarely make it out to AWP and make the call based on weather in the area and first hand accounts, so keep posting, even if it seems no one is paying attention:)

Fett

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2015, 02:20:41 PM »
Great to hear there are other AWP riders on these forums :) I've only been out once (with my daughter) since the weather warmed up.

From what I understand, HMBA reps rarely make it out to AWP and make the call based on weather in the area and first hand accounts, so keep posting, even if it seems no one is paying attention:)

There really are no "HMBA Reps",  HMBA is just fellow mountain bikers like you and I, reporting what we find when we are out on the trail. The website admins count on these reports to help them give guidance to people who may not have been out there and do not know what the conditions are.
Need a home mortgage?  Let me help.   Click here for more info: www.ruoff.com/jefffetterer

matt_laker

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2015, 11:39:57 AM »
Rode it all again last night---GREEN!!!

The very lower area is a little soft in one long spot, but everything else is great.  Yellow if anyone is feeling conservative, but I'd say green.

Again, this is IF anyone cares.....if not, I won't post for this trail again.
Fat Bikes Matter!

PKemppainen

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • O'Bannon Trail Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 30, 2015, 12:11:38 PM »
Rode it all again last night---GREEN!!!

The very lower area is a little soft in one long spot, but everything else is great.  Yellow if anyone is feeling conservative, but I'd say green.

Again, this is IF anyone cares.....if not, I won't post for this trail again.

I was just checking the forum page and read your message.

Based on your trail report, I have changed the status to yellow. Is the soft spot sloppy where you may be leaving ruts? If not, then it could probably be green.

It's not that no one cares, but often times, unless there is a ground report, it can be tough to make a call on actual conditions.

fezick

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 30, 2015, 04:29:10 PM »
Good point Fett. Thanks for clarifying.

@Matt_Laker, people care, especially those of us that ride AWTP. Forum activity for this trail has been low though so I fell out of the habit of checking it. I'll post trail conditions whenever I'm out as well so you aren't alone :)

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links