//Trail Status mouse over Java // Trail Conditions

Author Topic: Trail Conditions  (Read 184078 times)

wwrunner2

• View Profile
Re: Trail Conditions
« Reply #180 on: April 24, 2011, 03:16:02 PM »
ran yesterday the most water  ive seen this year... small tree down near bench by the water on the west side... two larger trees together down 1/3 to 1/2 mile north of bridge 14 .... larger tree yet down right before trail crosses horse path  by the power line on east side so it would be south...for the bird watchers i think it was an egret on the east side near the pine trees he took off pretty fast but was huge... water on at horse camp also you get to it near bridge #7 we need a little trail there!!

crazylarry

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2011, 08:06:24 AM »
Has anyone been to WW or know what the trails are like?. I know there are a few spots that really hold the water. Just asking.

firefighter56

• Should be riding....
  • HMBA/IMBA member
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 11, 2011, 11:10:05 AM »
I haven't had time to go ride lately but I live close and with what I see at my house it could probably be changed to green.

MikeHufhand

« Reply #183 on: May 11, 2011, 04:51:49 PM »
Steve Harpster rode WW last night and said it was pretty good.    The tread is in good shape.   He said that it's getting to be alittle weedy in places and there's 1 place that needs some TLC to restore the benchcut tread and possibly armor w/rock.   This area we called "Steve's Doubt" which we named after the previous named rider and his doubting of whether we could put a trail in this ravine location or not.   He doesn't doubt anymore ;D

richmondrider

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 18, 2011, 10:07:01 AM »
So, what are the chances that the trail will be rideable tomorrow afternoon?  Has anyone been out there in the past few days?

firefighter56

• Should be riding....
  • HMBA/IMBA member
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 18, 2011, 11:31:57 AM »
Judging by what I have at home it will be sloppy at best but that is only if it doesn't rain anymore.  If it rains today like it is supposed to I don't think I'd try it.  I have not been on the trail for about a week, I am just judging by conditions at my house, I live a just a few miles from there.

richmondrider

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 18, 2011, 12:11:22 PM »
Thanks for the trail update. 

firefighter56

• Should be riding....
  • HMBA/IMBA member
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 19, 2011, 07:59:37 AM »
It didn't rain here yesterday so WW is probably a solid yellow right now.  Most of the trail should be good with just a few wet spots.  Look out for holes and washes though, the spring rains have not been kind to the trail.

crazylarry

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 19, 2011, 08:23:34 AM »
Thanks for the update. WW is my favorite trail. But when my lung is hanging out my mouth at mile 7 ..not so much.

wwrunner2

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 28, 2011, 05:56:18 PM »
ran westwood today the only tree down just south of brigde 20 the one that had the tile washed out its not all across and some big cutters or  small saw could do the job i  think. really muddy north of bridge 15 my  feet were sinking almost over my shoe in spots. also somebody has spent alot of time on the east side cutting stuff down  thanks !!! been drinkin some buds have a great holiday !!!

gman10

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 31, 2011, 08:49:26 PM »
Trails were in pretty good shape today.  Only a few soft spots and the one downed tree mentioned before.
Bicycle Outfitters Indy
www.csishocks.com

bghorn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 04, 2011, 12:25:46 PM »
Westwood was in really good shape yesterday.   

Some repair work has been done on Steve's doubt (this is the area on the east side of the lake under the power lines just after you cross the horse trail).  All downed trees were cleared.  There are some spots that really need de bermed.  The park manager and I discussed this a few weeks ago and he sees the importance of it and that it was the root cause of the blowout at Steve's doubt.  So, I will try to post again when the plan is firmed up for the places that need de bermed and/or fixed.

Other than those spots Westwood was awesome.  I did get a flat (not running tubeless on the bike I rode) but still a great ride.

Get out and enjoy it.  Hopefully we will be having a work session soon to trim.

Ride On.

booxe

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 11, 2011, 11:53:23 AM »
Just got off the phone with the ranger....too muddy to ride today

crazylarry

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 16, 2011, 10:52:10 PM »
Rode this evening, The trail is in good shape. the were some muddy spots you could go around in the trail just past bridge 16. The roots are showing through more since last year but it just adds to the challange. j.m.o.

rmknotts

• Ride like there is no tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 25, 2011, 02:10:16 PM »
Put in 2 laps today, trails were great. There is one slick spot around mile 4-5 but other than that I'd call it green.
2013 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro
2011 Trek Speedconcept 7.2
1985 Schwinn Sport

"I can ride my bicycle with no handlebars"

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links