//Trail Status mouse over Java // Rep. Frye Forum on VSP July 12, 2011

Author Topic: Rep. Frye Forum on VSP July 12, 2011  (Read 2112 times)

pigfarm

• View Profile
Rep. Frye Forum on VSP July 12, 2011
« on: July 07, 2011, 10:49:39 AM »
I just pulled this out of my junk mail and wondered if it's something that we should be paying attention to.  Sounds like it's more focused on the lake, but it's not clear.  I consider VSP my home trails, but there are lots of you guys more in the know than I.  Anyone know what's up?

http://editor.des07.com/vo/?FileID=92d1662f-ff7c-43ad-bda3-2bf83e4cbc6a&m=5fe851c6b8a90847aeddfb4c9808d568&MailID=19384898

That link looks funky to me, but it did get me to the press release.

Paul_Arlinghaus

• Paul Arlinghaus
  • Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • Follow me to the next work session at Town Run
    • View Profile
Re: Rep. Frye Forum on VSP July 12, 2011
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 11:27:09 AM »

Rep. Frye Hosts a Public Forum Regarding the Versailles State Park

I will be hosting a public forum with the Department of Natural Resources on July 13. The meeting is being held to discuss possible solutions to improve Versailles State Park as well as options to enhance Versailles Lake.

I encourage all members of the community to come and participate in this discussion.

What: Public Forum with Rep. Frye and the Department of Natural Resources

Where: Ripley County Courthouse Annex, Commissioners Room
115 North Main Street
Versailles, IN 47042

When: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.

The goal of this meeting is to hear from the community and gather feedback on ways to better utilize Versailles State Park.

It would be a good idea for mountain bikers to be represented at this.  It's doubtful that I could make it.  If anyone can go, please let me know and we can discuss.

Rep. Frye is looking to make the Lake larger and classify it as a reservoir.  I am not sure of the impact to trails, but would think this would put Creekside under water.  I would think we would be against, unless there was something in it for us: access to west side, funding to replace any lost trails, etc...

http://batesvilleheraldtribune.com/statenews/x1709531090/Versailles-Lake-task-force-supported
HMBA: Director of Trail Development / Secretary

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links