//Trail Status mouse over Java // New Here

Author Topic: New Here  (Read 2289 times)

Wahoo37

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
New Here
« on: April 05, 2011, 07:04:44 AM »
Hey everyone! I just joined this forum and excited to meet new people! I just recently bought the 2011  Trek Wahoo and cant wait to hit the trails with it!  I am more of a road guy, but decided to do mountain biking for the thrills that are involved with it.  I cant find a riding partner, so if anyone is looking for a riding partner let me know!! Gets pretty boring when your mountain biking all by yourself all the time! But glad to join and cant wait for this rain to cold weather to pass us by!

deanarammalamma

• Administrator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Re: New Here
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 07:27:45 AM »
Welcome Wahoo! Keep an eye out on this and the individual trail forums. There are always folks posting group rides. You can also come out and meet folks by volunteering at any of our trail work days (also posted on the individual trail forums).

Hope to see ya out there!
Dno

jasonhilt

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • Brakes!!! We don't need no stinkin' brakes!!!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Videos
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 07:38:02 AM »
What area do you live in?  I ride at Town Run a lot, not this year so far.  But that will change when trail building is over.
Shin guards! We don't need no stinkin' shin guards!
DOH!

Indiana Dave

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 11:15:12 AM »
There are weekly group rides at almost every trail system.
You also can easily hook up and tag along with others at the trail head. I do this often, especially on bigger rides at BCSP. I don't like the chance of crashing and getting hurt by myself and not having someone there to help.
Most bikers are friendly, and don't mind meeting new people. Of course, making sure to ask what kind of speed they're riding at helps so you don't get left in the dust.
Bicycle Station in Columbus hosts a group ride every wedensday night... They're a friendly group, and ride at the slowest riders pace.
I ride SWW and Brown county mostly, but am probably going to be hitting Town run more now that I'll be working in Indy after this week.
David
"The bike rescuer"
Friends don't let Friends ride Walmart bikes.

Wahoo37

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 02:58:35 PM »
Thanks everyone for the help and information.  I hope to get out and help on the trail buildings and repairs once I get settled in.  But I will keep on checking the forum.  I have a weird work schedule and also getting ready to move up by Eagle Creek Resivoir area.  I have been going to Southwestway Park to ride lately, but not to sure if there are any trails up by the Eagle Creek area.   

Dan71

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 03:43:27 PM »
Town Run Trail Park and Washington Twns Park in Avon are not to far from the Eagle Creek area.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links