//Trail Status mouse over Java // Hobbs Hollow Flow Trail Close all of March 2018

Author Topic: Hobbs Hollow Flow Trail Close all of March 2018  (Read 732 times)

Paul_Arlinghaus

• Paul Arlinghaus
  • Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • Follow me to the next work session at Town Run
    • View Profile
Hobbs Hollow Flow Trail Close all of March 2018
« on: March 07, 2018, 02:00:38 PM »
Hopefully everyone got a chance to ride the Hobbs Hollow Flow trail in the Fall of 2017.  Lot's of riders, myself included, are anxious to ride it in 2018. 

But with it being a jump oriented Flow Trail and this being the trail's first spring, we are closing Hobbs for all of March.  We have, as expected, a lot of work to do to dial the trail back in after winter freeze thaw and heavy late winter rains. 

Also, March is typically one of the hardest months on trails in Brown County.  The seeps are running, the dirt is soft from freeze thaw, and riders are anxious to get back on dirt.  The dirt features on Hobbs are very susceptible to damage if ridden in bad to marginal conditions. 

Giving the trail time to dry out and our volunteers and pro trail builders time to dial it in will provide for another awesome summer and fall of shredding Hobbs Hollow.  Please be patient.  We will let you know when it is ready to open.

Paul Arlinghaus

HMBA: Director of Trail Development / Secretary

Paul_Arlinghaus

• Paul Arlinghaus
  • Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Re: Hobbs Hollow Flow Trail Close all of March 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 10:48:01 AM »
Hobbs is still closed but work is in progress. Alex and his crew are working on it this week, and we have a work session this Saturday, April 14th (10:00AM at Hesitation Point).

Paul_Arlinghaus

• Paul Arlinghaus
  • Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Re: Hobbs Hollow Flow Trail Close all of March 2018
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 06:57:22 AM »
Today's trail work session canceled due to the strong storms tracking towards Brown County this afternoon.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links