//Trail Status mouse over Java // Not quite as easy as well.... riding a bike!

Author Topic: Not quite as easy as well.... riding a bike!  (Read 2502 times)

sdaniels

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
Not quite as easy as well.... riding a bike!
« on: May 05, 2011, 09:31:40 PM »
Hi everyone,
I just started biking a few months ago with my dad and husband, but am having trouble keeping up with them.  I sorta flail and flop my way through the trail behind them.  Anyone have any suggestions on ways to improve?  I saw the midwest mountain bike clinic post, but I will be out of town that weekend. 

Thanks!

tjuillerat

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic
Re: Not quite as easy as well.... riding a bike!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 09:41:03 PM »
Hi everyone,
I just started biking a few months ago with my dad and husband, but am having trouble keeping up with them.  I sorta flail and flop my way through the trail behind them.  Anyone have any suggestions on ways to improve?  I saw the midwest mountain bike clinic post, but I will be out of town that weekend. 

Thanks!

Feel free to contact me anytime and we'll go for a ride!  You can PM me here or shoot an email to tania at sub-9 dot com.  I'm certified through the International Mountainbike Instructor Certification (IMIC) program and always happy to help!

Hope to see you on the trails soon!

Cheers,
~Tania Juillerat
Founder & Director
Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic
Sub-9 Productions
www.midwestwomensclinic.com
www.sub-9.com
Tell me and I forget; show me and I remember; involve me and I understand.
       - Anonymous

WheezerMF

• Administrator
  • Should be riding....
  • Yep, eleven...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 10:22:31 PM »
There's a fantastic little book called "Mountain Bike!" by William Nealy.  You can get it at the library, Amazon, or (preferably!) local bookstores for $10-15.

It's an easy read, with humor and cartoon illustrations, but it has great info.

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Feel free to contact me anytime and we'll go for a ride!  You can PM me here or shoot an email to tania at sub-9 dot com.  I'm certified through the International Mountainbike Instructor Certification (IMIC) program and always happy to help!

Hope to see you on the trails soon!

Cheers,
~Tania Juillerat
Founder & Director
Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic
Sub-9 Productions
www.midwestwomensclinic.com
www.sub-9.com

My collarbone's stronger than your collarbone-- It's ironic!
Give blood; ride a mountain bike:  http://www.cirbc.org/
HMBA Director-at-Large & Comm'ns Dir.

bikerjenn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 09:26:34 AM »
Where do you ride?

jerrywr

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 07:09:10 PM »
i know this is for women only, but my wife has the same problem. i try to tell her that riding often will make her a better rider. time in the saddle will make you better.  it's like anything else in life..   typing, guitar playing, biking, bowling.  the more time you put into it the better you become.

gt ss

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 03:20:37 PM »
i know this is for women only, but my wife has the same problem. i try to tell her that riding often will make her a better rider. time in the saddle will make you better.  it's like anything else in life..   typing, guitar playing, biking, bowling.  the more time you put into it the better you become.

LIKE.

sdaniels

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 07:25:45 PM »
@ Biker Jenn, I ride at Town Run. I haven't gotten a chance to try anywhere else yet.  The rain is really getting old.  I am actually going to the clinic now which I am really excited about, thanks to BGI renting bikes. (Mine will be headed down to NC).  

Wheezer-I love to read, so I will definitely check that book out.  I suppose that with the rain, waiting for the trails to dry, and finishing the mini last Saturday, I'll need something to do until the middle of June when it finally dries out!

JerryWR- I am not sure what your wife's personality is like, but I agree with you about more time in the saddle. I can be a perfectionist and very competitive so it makes me mad when I can't get something right away! : ) I am trying though, I hope she signs up for the clinic, I'm pretty excited about it.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links