//Trail Status mouse over Java // Access points to trail

Author Topic: Access points to trail  (Read 411 times)

mtb555

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
Access points to trail
« on: April 16, 2017, 04:50:42 PM »
Does anyone know if there are other access points to the trail besides from the main parking lot on 96th?    I will be down near the Keystone shopping center and am wondering if I can ride the bike from there and access via River Road or Crystal River drive.  Thanks!

mtbikernate

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Re: Access points to trail
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 11:30:38 PM »

Does anyone know if there are other access points to the trail besides from the main parking lot on 96th?    I will be down near the Keystone shopping center and am wondering if I can ride the bike from there and access via River Road or Crystal River drive.  Thanks!

There is a service access there, but park users are not supposed to use it. The residents in the neighborhood get grumpy and may call the police.

You can ride, but do us all a favor and enter the park on 96th.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dave Tozer

• Should be riding....
  • HMBA/IMBA member and I have the socks to prove it!
    • View Profile
    • Image Gallery
Re: Access points to trail
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 07:56:06 AM »
A little more info...

The Crystal Lake HOA governs that entire development.

When we ride the section of trail that includes "Talking Tree", out to the interstate, we are essentially riding on their land.

It behooves us to play nice!

Also, since the honeysuckle is starting to get thick, self-paced work will be going on sporadically, to trim back braches that hang over the trail. Other work sessions will likely going on as well.

You can park your car in Crystal Lake but only for walking onto the trail to do work. Don't leave your bike on your car. Also, Crystal Lake is not a place to enter the trail for running.

When you park your car in Crystal Lake for trail maintenance you may see homeowners looking at you. I like to approach them and tell them what I am doing. I have had good interactions with the home owners and it spreads the word around the neighborhood.

Crystal Lake has had more than their share of home break-ins. Don't be surprised if you see people watching you.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links