//Trail Status mouse over Java // 2016 off-road cycling permit revenues

Author Topic: 2016 off-road cycling permit revenues  (Read 683 times)

matt_laker

• Should be riding....
  • SIMBA Member (& socks to prove it!) 8-)
    • View Profile
2016 off-road cycling permit revenues
« on: April 12, 2017, 07:02:16 AM »
Is any information available on this?  (# sold, revenue generated from it, what the revenue was used for, etc.)

Sorry if it's been published previously, I missed it if so.  Thanks!
Fat Bikes Matter!

JCampbell

• GT Sensor
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 off-road cycling permit revenues
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 08:06:32 AM »
There are several threads on this forum, look under "Advocacy".  But, the revenues go into the general park fund and are not dedicated to bike trails. 

The FAQ is here: http://www.hmba.org/smf/index.php?topic=13717.0
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 08:11:32 AM by JCampbell »

matt_laker

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 11:20:03 AM »
There are several threads on this forum, look under "Advocacy".  But, the revenues go into the general park fund and are not dedicated to bike trails. 

I'm aware of WHERE the revenue goes...I want to know what the revenues were ($ amount), along with # of ORC permits purchased (I realize many were paid for by grants, donations, etc.---it'd be great to know the split between those that got them for their volunteer work vs. those that paid for them out-of-pocket.

NOTE: I have no "ill intent" or hidden agenda, I am just curious what the #'s related to adding the permit.  As stated in one of the threads, even if $60,000 was generated by adding the ORC permit it's a drop in the bucket to the $3 million budget cut/shortfall the DNR was dealt.
Fat Bikes Matter!

ryannah

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 12:10:20 PM »
It may take some time, but it should be fairly easy to reach out to DNR at http://www.in.gov/dnr/3246.htm and put in a public information request for the total revenues of this permit.

Source: I'm a state employee and we get these types of requests all the time and it's all public data.

-Ryan
1999 Gary Fisher Procaliber

Paul_Arlinghaus

• Paul Arlinghaus
  • Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • Follow me to the next work session at Town Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 12:13:06 PM »
In 2016 the Off Road Cycling Permits generated $52,000 in revenue for Indiana State Parks. 

State Parks provided 25 volunteers (those with 40+) volunteer hours free 2017 permits.

State Parks has requested suggestions for things they can do (financially) to support mountain biking in 2017 from funds raised in 2016.  I have requested materials to support the Hobbs Hollow project.  Specifically, we want to gravel armor beginning of Pine and North Tower (in the grass field) and build a show case rock armored entrance to Hobbs and HP (fix the chronic mud holes where HP crosses the scenic look out.

HMBA: Director of Trail Development / Secretary

matt_laker

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 01:53:13 PM »

Sounds great, thanks Paul!
Fat Bikes Matter!

Willyjaybob

• Go ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 02:16:37 PM »
In 2016 the Off Road Cycling Permits generated $52,000 in revenue for Indiana State Parks. 

State Parks provided 25 volunteers (those with 40+) volunteer hours free 2017 permits.

State Parks has requested suggestions for things they can do (financially) to support mountain biking in 2017 from funds raised in 2016.  I have requested materials to support the Hobbs Hollow project.  Specifically, we want to gravel armor beginning of Pine and North Tower (in the grass field) and build a show case rock armored entrance to Hobbs and HP (fix the chronic mud holes where HP crosses the scenic look out.

NICE. Maybe a cleaning station?
Willyjaybob
IMBA/HMBA Member

"It's your direction, not your intention, that determines your destination."

mtbikernate

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 11:38:11 PM »

I would prefer some shade trees and picnic tables near the north parking lot. Like Versailles has. Maybe even a shelter. Some water at the skillet. water at the top of HP. Fix the showers at the pool.

Since we are asking.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

gmcttr

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 09:47:34 AM »

I've rarely had enough mud on my bike to need a cleaning station. Just don't ride the trails when they are in poor condition and susceptible to damage.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links