//Trail Status mouse over Java // Hobbs Hollow Work Session Schedule (Spring 2017)

Author Topic: Hobbs Hollow Work Session Schedule (Spring 2017)  (Read 2568 times)

Paul_Arlinghaus

• Paul Arlinghaus
  • Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • Follow me to the next work session at Town Run
    • View Profile
Hobbs Hollow Work Session Schedule (Spring 2017)
« on: March 22, 2017, 11:52:07 AM »
Alex has close to 2 miles of trail on the ground.  In order to allow him to focus on building awesome features we have signed up to support the build with our great volunteer resources. We will be doing finish work, rock armoring, adding bonus features, and bench cutting the climb back out of the Valley.

We will also be pulling some volunteers as needed to ensure the existing trails are ready for the 2017 riding season. 
 We will have a Rally camp site to support these trail building events, so please join us for the whole weekend.

Camp, Build, Ride, Repeat!

Full schedule
April 1st and 2nd: Rally 4 Camping
April 22nd and 23rd: Rally 5 Camping
May 13th and 14th: Rally 4 Camping
June 17th and 18th: Rally 4 Camping

HMBA: Director of Trail Development / Secretary

Paul_Arlinghaus

• Paul Arlinghaus
  • Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Re: Hobbs Hollow Work Session Schedule (Spring 2017)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 02:39:36 PM »
Weekend Trail Update:

On Saturday, we will be hiking in close to a mile to work on the single track climb back out of Hobbs Hollow.  Please were good hiking boots.  The hike in will be on the new Flow trail, so it will be a good chance to see what Alex has been working on. 

On Sunday, we will split up.  Some will work on rock armor projects on Hobbs Hollow and others will work on some projects on Walnut. 

We will meet both days at HP  (10:00AM).  We may drive closer to work locations depending on the project.

Paul_Arlinghaus

• Paul Arlinghaus
  • Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 03:25:22 PM »
Trails will be too wet to ride tomorrow, but will be great for trail building.  Come out and join the trail building crew. 

You will get to see some of the Flow trail Alex has built!

Camping tonight and tomorrow at Rally 4.  I will be down tonight (probably around 8:00PM).

We will meet at HP at 10:00AM Saturday and Sunday.  On Saturday, we will likely drive down to the West Tower and hike in from there.  Please try to arrive by 10:00AM so we can get everyone moving.  If you arrive late, look for a map attached to the HMBA Tent.

Paul_Arlinghaus

• Paul Arlinghaus
  • Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 11:01:51 PM »
We have two options for the June 17th and 18th work sessions.

Kate Chernivski will be leading the efforts in Brown County State Park on Hobbs Hollow.  Alex and his crew are back in town and we will be supporting their efforts on the Hobbs Hollow Flow Trail.  Meet at HP (in the park, not the bike shop), at 10:00AM both Saturday and Sunday.

The other work session will be on the Hoosier National Forest Section of Trail D.  We will be hauling gravel and armoring the trail.  This trail is open to horses and armoring the tread will allow it to handle horse traffic as well as be usable when all dirt trails are too muddy.  Meet at the Upper Handicap Parking lot at 10:00AM.  Note that we can use additional side by side vehicles with dump beds.  If you are interested in bringing an off road vehicle for use, please send me a PM so we can make arrangements. 

We will drive back through Yellowwood State Forest to access the work site.  4x4 vehicles are recommended for the drive back.  If you don't have a 4x4, you can ride back with someone. 

We have camping at Rally 4 in Brown County State Park for the weekend.  Please join us for a weekend of trail building, camping, and riding. 

Note that there is also a trail work session in Brown County State Park on this weekend, so you can choose between working in the Park or deep in the Forest.

mrmcclung

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 10:31:39 AM »
Is there any chance for a during the week session for a Cummins volunteer day?

Paul_Arlinghaus

• Paul Arlinghaus
  • Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 11:40:26 AM »
shoot me a pm and we can see if we can support a work day.

Paul_Arlinghaus

• Paul Arlinghaus
  • Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 08:08:44 AM »
Big weekend planned for Brown County this weekend.  We have two work sessions to choice from on both Saturday and Sunday. 

In Brown County, we will be working on the Hobbs Hollow Flow Trail. Meet at Hesitation Point (trail head).  Crews will be supporting the construction of the Hobbs Hollow Flow trail.

In Yellowwood, meet at the Upper Handicap parking lot (top of the hill on Crooked Creek Rd).  Crews will be working with Hoosier National Staff to armor Trail D in the National Forest.

We have Rally 4 for camping.  So come down, camp, build, ride!

Paul_Arlinghaus

• Paul Arlinghaus
  • Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 11:21:29 AM »
Weather forecast is shaping up nicely and the trails are currently in good shape.  Please join us for trail building riding and camping.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links