//Trail Status mouse over Java // Trail Conditions

Author Topic: Trail Conditions  (Read 30154 times)

tjuillerat

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic
Trail Conditions
« on: March 16, 2006, 10:28:13 PM »
Post trail conditions here.
Tell me and I forget; show me and I remember; involve me and I understand.
       - Anonymous

twistyrider

Re: Trail Conditions
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 12:42:41 PM »
Yes the trail is open and it's up to 7.5 miles long now.  We have been on a seemingly endless trimming spree here since we had all that rain a month or so ago.  We are planning to add an additional mile this fall.  All in all the trail is in good shape.

The attached picture is the trailhead sing we put in this past March.  You can see it from the road.

[attachment deleted by admin]

JmZ

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 12:55:56 PM »
Yes the trail is open and it's up to 7.5 miles long now.  We have been on a seemingly endless trimming spree here since we had all that rain a month or so ago.  We are planning to add an additional mile this fall.  All in all the trail is in good shape.

The attached picture is the trailhead sing we put in this past March.  You can see it from the road.

Mark,

Please drop a note in the forums here, or at www.nimbabike.org, and we'll be happy to help put out the word about some trail maint, races, or organized rides.  I know we've got some guys that go down there to ride now and then. 

JmZ

twistyrider

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 03:41:23 PM »
I will do that.  Thanks and tell Spainer hi for me.

gscooter

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 09:07:59 AM »
Hey Mark,

I''ve added the Columbia City trail to the interactive map of Indiana MTB sites ( http://www.rulong.com/hmbamap/hmbamap.html).  Since I've never been there, if you could take a quick look and verify the accuracy of the listing, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Scott

winstonsbrand

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 12:46:13 PM »
Hello folks, this thread has unfortunately been dead for too long, and it needs to be rejuvenated.  I've recently moved back to the area, and ride there as much as I can, so I hope to provide some updates throughout the season.  The trail really is a little gem that not enough people know about, but that may be why it is so perfect.  Narrow singletrack, with a mix of good stuff all over. 

As of last week the trails were absolutely perfect.  Loamy with a touch of loose stuff on top.  No trees down, no mud, nothing but great trail.  After this past weekend's storms, I can't speak to their condition.  I will get a ride in later this week to see.

4mula1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 07:21:19 AM »
Last Sunday a few of us hit Columbia City with some string trimmers.  After 4 hours of trimming the high ground on the north side was done.  We rode a lap afterwords and the north side was pretty good, but the south side had a lot of slick/muddy spots.  There is a new route on the south side to avoid the really wet stuff, it forks left at the end of the Wolf Trail.

I can't say how it is now with the rain we've had since, but at least the brush is knocked back on part of the north side.

4mula1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 07:03:38 AM »
Rode Morsche's Tuesday and it was in pretty good shape.  There is a new bypass at "The Flats" (go left) to avoid the soggy section there, but everything else was pretty dry, only a couple of greasy spots on the south side.  There is only one tree down from all of the recent storms that hasn't been removed on the north side but everything else can be ridden.

4mula1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 09:50:11 AM »
Rode Morsche's last night and it's in excellent shape.  On the north side there are a couple of tacky spots but everything else is fantastic.

4mula1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 11:46:36 AM »
With the lack of rain the trail is in very good shape.  The trail crew has been keeping things trimmed and even have a new section open on the north side where the trail pops out under the utility line.  It's tough but fun.

4mula1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 08:07:04 AM »
Finally had a chance to ride Morsche's again (it's been over a year) and the trail is in great shape.  There is a tree down in the Flats (you'll have plenty of time to see it and stop) that should be gone this week.

kp

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2015, 01:11:42 PM »
Rode on Monday of this week.  South side of the trail was in good shape (skip the flats option, its perpetually wet).  Trail crew has cleared the north section of downed trees so it should be good too.  Go ride!

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links