//Trail Status mouse over Java // DINO events this weekend

Author Topic: DINO events this weekend  (Read 3405 times)

holzhaus

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • http://www.DINOseries.com
DINO events this weekend
« on: June 02, 2016, 09:07:50 AM »
This weekend, DINO comes to Brown County State Park.
We hope you'll join in the fun with a trail run Saturday and mountain bike race Sunday.
If you're planning a recreational ride, be advised that the trail will be marked from Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon for the races. We suggest riding only in the marked directions.
Racing will be in progress from 9 to 11 am Saturday for the trail run, and 10 am to 1:30 pm Sunday for mountain bike race.
Trails in use will include North Tower, North Gate Connector, Aynes (Saturday), Green Valley (Sunday). Bobcat, HP connector, and everything south of HP will NOT be in use at all.
We are looking for help with the event. If you are available Saturday with a bike, we'll have an aid station serving runners cups of water between Aynes and North Tower trails from 9 am to 11 am. Please contact Brian16@DINOseries.com if you can help.
We also are looking for a rider with a BOB (or similar) trailer to help shuttle aid station supplies down to the aid station Friday afternoon or evening.
We will gladly trade a Sunday race entry (or DINO apparel etc) for your help on either day.

Dave G.

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • HMBA Southwestway Park Trail Rep
    • View Profile
Re: DINO events this weekend
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 08:22:06 AM »
Sent you an email Brian.
David Gardner
Husband, Granddad, Mountain biker
Southwestway Trail Bum

holzhaus

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • http://www.DINOseries.com
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 09:46:40 AM »
I think we've got Saturday's hauling duty covered. May still need a couple aid station helpers for Saturday morning.

JCampbell

• GT Sensor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 01:23:17 PM »
What are the plans if we get the rains that are forecasted for the weekend? 

Dave Tozer

• Should be riding....
  • HMBA/IMBA member and I have the socks to prove it!
    • View Profile
    • Image Gallery
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 01:29:33 PM »
Beth, and to some extent myself, will be taking pictures at the DINO Mountain bike race Sunday. We are looking for tips on spots to capture the riders in action. Looking for advice on locations that can be reached with reasonable ease. Tips on where to drive to would be helpful as well.  :D

craigebaker

• View Profile
    • Bicycle Outfitters Indy
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 10:03:04 AM »
There are a couple spots you can drive to. North Tower lookout, which is the top of the road climb, and north gate shelter lot, which is just around the corner from where the race starts. You could also catch everyone bringing it home on their final descent on the north tower connector trail. You can drive to the middle of that and hike a bit south for some decent downhill action shots. It's the trail between the north shelter and the fork that splits to either GV or NT. I think most other sections will require some hiking. Let's hope we dodge a weather bullet.

ztbishop

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 07:32:50 PM »
Any ideas if this is still happening?

JCampbell

• GT Sensor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 07:43:38 PM »
This update was posted 1 hr ago on the DINO Mountain Biking Facebook page:  It looks like we WILL be racing tomorrow. Substantial rain seems to be past. We'll walk the entire course tonight and drain puddles and inspecting with HMBA trail care gurus. If you want to join the fun, extra tools are available, meet at 7:15 near the finish line / DINO box truck.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 07:47:14 PM by JCampbell »

Paul_Arlinghaus

• Paul Arlinghaus
  • Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • Follow me to the next work session at Town Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 09:57:43 PM »
Trails were very solid. And we .knicked any spots holding water. No worries from a trails stand point . Race on.
HMBA: Director of Trail Development / Secretary

Clay

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 08:06:17 PM »
The race conditions were great. No mud at all. Our Florida group came up to race and was very impressed. Dino did a fantastic job as usual.

RIC0

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 06:21:35 PM »
Beth, and to some extent myself, will be taking pictures at the DINO Mountain bike race Sunday. We are looking for tips on spots to capture the riders in action. Looking for advice on locations that can be reached with reasonable ease. Tips on where to drive to would be helpful as well.  :D

You all get some pics??
Doin the possum trot

Dave Tozer

• Should be riding....
  • HMBA/IMBA member and I have the socks to prove it!
    • View Profile
    • Image Gallery
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 08:57:30 PM »
Over 700 taken, but in the the process of culling the herd.  Beth took the majority and I filled in after my race.

We will get them up ASAP.

You all get some pics??

RIC0

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 09:10:40 AM »
Thank you for your time
Doin the possum trot

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide