//Trail Status mouse over Java // RNP Mountain Bike Trail Ride Day May 14, 2016

Author Topic: RNP Mountain Bike Trail Ride Day May 14, 2016  (Read 2834 times)

rangelinenaturepreserve

• Should be riding....
  • One is never truely lost when on two wheels.
    • View Profile
RNP Mountain Bike Trail Ride Day May 14, 2016
« on: May 09, 2016, 06:49:42 AM »
Open to kids and adults of all ages.  All children should be accompanied by an adult or guardian. This is a free event with many prizes. May is bike month and this event is brought to by White River Bicycle Coalition, The City of Anderson and Rangeline Nature Preserve Volunteers.
Learn more here: http://madbiking.com/
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 06:55:40 AM by rangelinenaturepreserve »
If you wait for good weather to ride in Indiana you will be waiting forever.

Raleighguy29

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Re: RNP Mountain Bike Trail Ride Day May 14, 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 07:48:09 PM »
I rode there Saturday.
That place is looking pretty beat up and neglected. the round about thing down by the river is in need of repair.
I have seen no work days planned to help out.  One of the trail guys out there, said he isn't doing any more  maintenance there. And it is showing.

I understand that RNP is a City owned property &  Park?  Why arent they maintaining it??

Just my thoughts!  If your having a trail ride day? Shouldn't the place be at least Mowed?
Presentation is everything. RNP looks abandoned.
I was just there Thursday. It is the time of year to fix and repair from the winter plus it's been raining a lot lately so that puts a damper on repairs and such. I know and ride with the core group that has built this place up to what it is. They just asked if someone has time if they could come out and mow what they could. Instead of being a whiny ass maybe you could help with a session or do some yourself. With the fact that this is out in anderson not in the city they don't get the  help that other places get. Rnp is the the most unique system we have in central  Indiana. Doesn't get the love it should. Most town run riders aren't man enough to handle it. I'm pretty sure this will be my last post as I'm sure I will be banned after this. So instead of crying about it go help out.
Tubes we don't need no stinking tubes!!

rangelinenaturepreserve

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 10:08:07 PM »
Flynn,

The mountain bike trails are designed, built, and maintained by mountain bikers.  The city has never been involved with that.  The city has been very gracious in granting us land access and letting us do what we need to do.  They have never been a hindrance to our progress towards mtbiking and I thank them dearly for that.

100% of the park is maintained by volunteer labor.  It is kind of difficult to twist the arm of a volunteer.  Things get done as the volunteers have time away from work, family, and riding.  The broken obstacle is already on the list, but thank you very much for letting us know.  Tips like that from riders like you is what keeps us alert of what needs attention . It will be repaired soon as funding becomes available through donations.  Mowing will start soon too as it does every year.  Would you like to help or donate to the park?  A little bit of time or small amount of money goes a long way towards keeping things tidy and in good repair.  And, it is appreciated and enjoyed by all.  Please reply to this post if you can help on any way.

Thank you very much for your input and look forward to seeing you on the trail.

Raleighguy29

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 07:43:11 AM »
I don't volunteer as much as I should but when I ride I take care of things as I go that need done bust berms clear face slippers remove trees that can be man handeled out of the way. Most importantly I don't go on a public forum and bash trail systems like you did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tubes we don't need no stinking tubes!!

SpecialEd

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 02:01:29 PM »
I stand in solidarity with my man Raleighguy29, those trails are sweet. If the condition of the trails concerns you get a work day scheduled. 8)
Sent from my old rotary telephone

rangelinenaturepreserve

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 12:28:08 PM »
The Anderson City Parks Dept has mowed.  That will really help up focus on other issues like Ewok Village as Flynn pointed out.

The weather forecast has drastically changed for the better.  Looks like Saturday will be a nice day with no rain before or during the event.

The RNP Mountain Bike Trail Ride Day is a go!

Please come out and enjoy this free event and free prizes.  Start time is May 14, 2016 at 10am.

pmanderson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 01:44:39 PM »
Thanks for organizing the event again this year. Kudos to Jeff, John and others for taking care of the place.

rangelinenaturepreserve

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 03:50:00 PM »
Thanks to:
Buckskin Bikes
White River Bicycle Coalition
Anderson Parks Dept

Glad everyone had fun. If anyone has photos please post. All I have are videos of us playing around after the event.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 05:19:00 PM by rangelinenaturepreserve »

jseelig642

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2016, 03:56:44 PM »

More fun!

jseelig642

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2016, 03:59:09 PM »

More and more fun!