//Trail Status mouse over Java // 2016 Weekday Work Sessions

Author Topic: 2016 Weekday Work Sessions  (Read 5140 times)

Unfit Nitwit

Re: 2016 Weekday Work Sessions
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2016, 05:21:57 PM »
I am not scheduling anything this week, though I may do something earlier the day sometime. I will post if appointments and the weather align for me to do some work.

Unfit Nitwit

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2016, 09:12:45 AM »
I will be at the Hoosier's Nest cabin Monday the 25th at 5:30 PM to do some drain clearing on Limekiln.

Tools will be provided, and no experience is necessary.
Bring water, gloves, eye protection, bug spay, etc.

Watch for a possible weekend work session on Limekiln in the near future.

Unfit Nitwit

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2016, 04:55:20 PM »
Wednesday August 24th we will be working on the North Gate trail.

Meet at the North Shelter at 5:30. If you come later, just grab a tool from the blue truck walk the trail toward North Tower. we will be somewhere between the Pine loop junction and the gravel spot where the trail gets next to the road.

Bring water, gloves, eye protection, etc. No experience is needed. Tools will be provided.

Unfit Nitwit

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2016, 05:34:40 PM »
Short notice, but we will be working on Bobcat on Tuesday the 30th.

At 5:30 we will meet at the parking lot marked "vista" on the map, just past the private residence (Aynes house) on the opposite side of the road. If you have worked Bobcat or the connector, that is where we will be.
From the parking lot, enter the woods across the road near the yellow sign and go down to the trail, on the trail go right, at the traffic cone go downhill to the left and you will find us.

We will be clearing the sections that have not been bench cut of organic material. Basically doing "rake 'n ride" to push the trail through for the Epic. Rock gathering is an option since we should have the jet sled.

Tools will be provided, and will be on site if you want to ride out. Bring water, gloves, eye protection, bug spray, and whatever else you want. Thorn bushes are plentiful, so you may want long sleeves and pants.

Unfit Nitwit

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2016, 08:00:08 PM »
Forgot to post earlier.
We will be out Wednesday the 7th to work on Bobcat. Getting what we can done for the Epic.

Meet in the parking lot marked "vista" at 5:30.
Bring plenty of water, bug spray, gloves, eye protection, etc. Feel free to ride out. Find the orange traffic cone on the Bobcat connector trail, and head down hill to the unfinished trail.

Tools will be provided. No experience necessary.

Unfit Nitwit

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2016, 11:49:57 AM »
On Wednesday the 14th we will be on North Gate.

Meet at the North Shelter lot at 5:30 PM. If you arrive later, walk the trail from the Pine Loop junction toward North Tower. We won't be too far up the trail.

Tools are provided. Bring water, gloves, eye protection, etc.

Unfit Nitwit

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2016, 04:27:42 PM »
Wednesday the 21st we will be on Pine Loop to work on some trouble spots.
I will be riding out with the tools in the trailer, so bring your bike. It's getting time for lights if you plan to ride after.

Meet at 5:30 in the north parking lot (The Skillet).
Bring bug spray, water, gloves, etc.

Unfit Nitwit

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2016, 08:25:08 PM »
Wednesday the 28th we will meet at the North Shelter at 5:30. Work will be on North Gate trail.

Tools are provided. Bring water, gloves, etc.

Unfit Nitwit

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2016, 08:55:05 PM »
Wednesday October 5th we will meet at the North Shelter.

We will be working between the shelter area and the north parking lot.

Tools will be provided. Bring gloves, water, eye protection, etc.

Unfit Nitwit

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2016, 06:09:15 PM »
We will meet in the north lot at 5:30. Work will be on the North Gate section of trail.

Unfit Nitwit

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2016, 08:10:52 PM »
If the thunderstorms don't materialize on Wednesday the 19th we will meet at 5:30 in the north parking lot.
We will be working on anchoring the North Gate trail at the curve about half way up to the north shelter.

[/size]This will be the last evening work for the season unless a trail issue arises. I will likely get out earlier in the day, and will post when I plan to do work.[size=78%]

Unfit Nitwit

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2016, 04:13:13 PM »
Cancelling work for today.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links