Trails Under Developement > Brown County State Park Phase 3

Who wants more Bob Cat?

(1/3) > >>

Paul_Arlinghaus:
HMBA / Cummins Week of trail buildingCummins is partnering with HMBA for a week of trail building.  We will be working to complete Bob Cat Bowl and open a new section in Yellowwood State Forest in time for the 2015 Brown County Epic Festival.
Alex Stewart of Spectrum Trail Design will be flagging the remaining section of Bob Cat Bowl.  Kevin Marzahl (Spectrum Trail Design) will be leading work sessions though out the week of Aug 31st to Sept 4th.  HMBA volunteers are encouraged to take a vacation day and join the work sessions.  Having some experienced trail builders to help lead the volunteer crews would help tremendously.  If you are unable to come out and help, please consider supporting the effort by donating to the HMBA Trail Fund (Donate button on www.HMBA.org).
HMBA will also have a weekend of camping, mountain biking, and trail building over Labor Day Weekend (Sept 5th -7th).  We have the Rally 3 camp site at Brown County State Park Friday through Monday. 
Schedule of Events:
Cummins Work Day: 8:00AM till noon and 1:00PM till 5:00PM @ Vista (just south of the Aynes House)Monday Aug 31th, Tuesday Sept 1st, Wednesday Sept 2nd, Thursday Sept 3rd, and Friday Sept 4thHMBA Volunteer Day, 10:00AM @ Crooked Creek Lake (Yellowwood State Forest)Saturday Sept 5th and Sunday Sept 6thHMBA Vounteer Day, 10:00AM @ Rally 3 (Brown County State Park)Monday Sept 7th

MattYost:
I was planning on going one day this week, is any day better than another?  Post up if you're going, maybe we can spread the HMBA volunteers out.

gtrplr:
I am planning to come down on Wednesday.  I have experience with typical bench cut construction but not with shoring, rock work, or bridge construction. 

Paul_Arlinghaus:
Work on Bob cat will be mostly bench cutting. 

Unfit Nitwit:
gtrplr, come on out. Plenty of bench cutting to do, and it is helpful to have some experienced folks out with the other volunteers who are learning the basics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version