//Trail Status mouse over Java // Consider Joining the Friends of Brown County State Park group

Author Topic: Consider Joining the Friends of Brown County State Park group  (Read 798 times)

Fett

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Consider Joining the Friends of Brown County State Park group
« on: August 12, 2015, 01:44:04 PM »
Here is a note from Kevin Snyder, the Asst Property Manager at BCSP:

I am so glad to see so many people invested in the upkeep of the Brown County State Park Mt Bk Trail system. Your efforts undoubtedly make this the best place in the state to ride as well as puts us in the tops of the Midwest and US. Thank you.

There have been many supporters of the trail system over the years. It is actually saying thank you and one of those supporters is why I am contacting you. Itís the Friends of Brown County State Park. The Friends have been supporters of the trail system for many years; they have even helped out with mountain bike events and have additionally mad publications on the trails. They have showed their support for the park in many other ways as well. They built the Friends Trail, Hold the Morel Fest, conduct a Plant Sale, Hosted the Friendly & Haunted Trail, purchased a saw mill for the park and are now contemplating purchasing a Rokon for the park to aid in search and rescue efforts on the trails. Unfortunately, the Friends of Brown County State Parks future is falling into jeopardy.

The Friends of Brown County State Park has had a very solid core group for many, many years. However, time catches up with us all. The core members are now limited it their mobility and activities and are not able to carry the torch like they used to. Presently they are contemplating the future of the group and may vote on its continued existence in January. So, why am I telling you? You may be the future of the group. The best Friends groups come from the dedicated volunteers who care so much for the park. History has shown that the dedicated volunteers are the ones who have the best impact and support to influence its existence and future. Therefore, I am encouraging you to become involved with the Friends of Brown County State Park. Donít just be a paid member (though your financial support does help) be an active member who can pick up where these folks are leaving off and carry this group into the future.

The Friends of Brown County State Park meet the first Wednesday of the month at 6:30 at the parks Nature Center. They hold a potluck before the meeting which is usually amazing and then they conduct the meeting. I encourage you to come and check out the group. You do not have to bring food, just bring your curiosity. Encourage your wives to come and your young adults as well. The more the merrier. There are only 4 meeting left for this year.
For more information Please contact me at 812-929-0856 or the Nature Center at 812-988-5240.

Because we work for the park we cannot join or vote. However, Jim Eagleman, Doug Baird and I (Kevin Snyder) act as park advisors for the group. (and we show up for the food). I hope you consider this strongly and more so I hope to see you there.

Kevin Snyder
Assistant Property Manager
Brown County State Park

Memories made naturally.
From sunrise to sunset the the view from the vistas here constantly change. What one would see now will look different an hour from now.
Check us out on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BrownCountyStatePark
Need a home mortgage?  Let me help.   Click here for more info: www.ruoff.com/jefffetterer

Paul_Arlinghaus

• Paul Arlinghaus
  • Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • Follow me to the next work session at Town Run
    • View Profile
Re: Consider Joining the Friends of Brown County State Park group
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 02:27:29 PM »
While joining would be great, what we really need are a couple mountain bikers to step up and become active members or even board members. 

If you want to support the park and the mountain bike trails, and the grunt work of trail building isn't your thing, Please consider becoming active in the Friends of Group.

Thanks,

Paul
HMBA: Director of Trail Development / Secretary

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links