//Trail Status mouse over Java // Brown County Epic

Author Topic: Brown County Epic  (Read 20267 times)

jasonhilt

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • Brakes!!! We don't need no stinkin' brakes!!!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Videos
Brown County Epic
« on: June 17, 2015, 07:59:35 AM »
Just a reminder to get signed up for the BC Epic before July 1 for the lower rate.

https://www.bikereg.com/brown-county-epic-mountain-bike-festival
Shin guards! We don't need no stinkin' shin guards!
DOH!

tomc

• View Profile
Re: Brown County Epic
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 11:10:57 PM »
I'm a mountain biker at heart but also enjoy some road rides. Unfortunately the Epic and the Hilly Hundred are again scheduled on the same weekend. Is there ever any corroboration or consideration given that two great events are going on at the same time?? I know they are not hosted by the same groups but you'd think that each would draw more riders if they weren't conflicting. I'd love to do both and just wonder if there is ever any communication between groups to work around this conflict in future years.   

Fett

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 09:03:34 AM »
One suggestion that I have heard from several women is to offer womens cut Tshirts as an option instead of all male Tshirts. We would sell more shirts.
Need a home mortgage?  Let me help.   Click here for more info: www.ruoff.com/jefffetterer

djkouza

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
    • DJKouza
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 10:06:46 AM »
I'm a mountain biker at heart but also enjoy some road rides. Unfortunately the Epic and the Hilly Hundred are again scheduled on the same weekend. Is there ever any corroboration or consideration given that two great events are going on at the same time?? I know they are not hosted by the same groups but you'd think that each would draw more riders if they weren't conflicting. I'd love to do both and just wonder if there is ever any communication between groups to work around this conflict in future years.

I wonder similarly.  I'll be out of town that weekend for a wedding on SAT in Maryland, but luckily they have their local epic that SUN, so I may still get a good ride in.  I will say this, when putting together an event this size I'm sure there are so many factors that go into picking a date, that there is always bound to be a conflict.
djkouza
HMBA-IMBA Member
'13 GT Zaskar Comp
'15 Specialized Stump Jumper

Steve King

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 10:36:41 AM »

I wonder similarly.  I'll be out of town that weekend for a wedding on SAT in Maryland, but luckily they have their local epic that SUN, so I may still get a good ride in.  I will say this, when putting together an event this size I'm sure there are so many factors that go into picking a date, that there is always bound to be a conflict.

Yes, we do coordinate with the Hilly Hundred.  Unfortunately there are many conflicts and again this year we couldn't avoid having both events on the same weekend.  The biggest factor for the Hilly is that it can only be held on a weekend when there is not an IU home football game.  The Epic can only be held when there is not a conflicting event at Brown County State Park.  Let's hope that next year we can be on a different weekend than the Hilly!

tomc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 10:50:36 PM »
So I plan on riding the Epic this year but after looking at the signup prices at the moment I figured I would just join the HMBA then signup for the event as an HMBA member ($50), buy a T-Shirt($20) and the price would be about the same ($5 more) plus I'd be a member and contribute something to the cause. After signing up it said the packet would take 4-6 weeks. So my question I guess is, is there a jump in prices for HMBA members or T-shirts? I didn't want to spend more money as the prices jump later this week but won't have my member info for awhile now. 

Steve King

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 11:55:14 AM »
So I plan on riding the Epic this year but after looking at the signup prices at the moment I figured I would just join the HMBA then signup for the event as an HMBA member ($50), buy a T-Shirt($20) and the price would be about the same ($5 more) plus I'd be a member and contribute something to the cause. After signing up it said the packet would take 4-6 weeks. So my question I guess is, is there a jump in prices for HMBA members or T-shirts? I didn't want to spend more money as the prices jump later this week but won't have my member info for awhile now.

You are a member effective, almost immediately.  Receiving the packet in  4 - 6 weeks is referring to getting your free socks, etc.

tomc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 08:45:43 PM »
OK, I thought I'd have to give a member # or something but just signed up and was no problem. Super stoked now, see you all out there!

eric05

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 07:32:20 AM »
How does the campsite selection work? If I sign up through BikeReg, will I be automatically assigned a site? Or should I got to the DNR site to pick out a specific one?

Thanks!

Steve King

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 08:01:37 AM »
How does the campsite selection work? If I sign up through BikeReg, will I be automatically assigned a site? Or should I got to the DNR site to pick out a specific one?

Thanks!

The group camp site is located at the Start/Finish line.  By the pool.  If you want to camp with the other mountain bikers, in the group camp site, you sign up on BikeReg when you sign up for the Epic.  If you want to camp elsewhere in the park, you sign up on the DNR site.

jasonhilt

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Videos
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 08:17:40 PM »
If I sign up through BikeReg, will I be automatically assigned a site?

To add to what Steve said.  Camping at the pool is a first come, first serve.  Camping is allowed all the way out into the field so there are plenty of spots.
To be honest, if you don't camp at the pool you will miss a lot of the enjoyment of the weekend.  Well worth ruffing it for the one or two nights.
DOH!

Steve King

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 08:47:49 PM »
Also hot showers are available at the pool house.

Wall

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 06:32:33 PM »
BikeReg has the $50 ride only as Saturday.  Is this correct?

jasonhilt

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Videos
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 07:04:30 PM »
The big ride is on Saturday this year. Demo rides on Sunday.
DOH!

Wall

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 09:16:38 PM »
Glad I asked!  Thanks.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links