//Trail Status mouse over Java // Extra MTB Fees

Author Topic: Extra MTB Fees  (Read 2108 times)

Mahk

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Extra MTB Fees
« on: May 11, 2015, 08:32:24 AM »
On 5/8/2015 I received an email from Andy Williamson / IMBA regarding proposed fees for mtb access to trails in all Indiana State Parks.  The email states:
....state park permits, passes and fees will be increased starting May 13, 2015. Indiana residents that currently pay $40 for an annual pass will now pay $70 to ride, out-of-state riders would have to pay $90 for an annual pass.
   (sorry for the big font, the quote was copied and pasted from the email)

I am guessing that the $70 is broken down as $40 for the annual pass plus an additional $30 for the (proposed) mtb permit for in-state riders.  I am not sure what the breakdown is for the $90 for out-of-state riders. 

What are the current and proposed gate fees for one-time use of BCSP?  And what is the proposed permit / fee for one-time mtb use? 

This Staurday I went in the west entrance of BCSP and, when the attendent saw my bike, was told that there was a trail run (Dances with Dirt) taking place that was using parts of the mtb trail system.  The attendent went on to say that mtb'ers were 'great' and were the best users of the park.  He noted that they built trails, maintained trails, and were generally very repectful of other users of the trail.  That's a good reputation to have. 

The IMBA email provided this link to find your state legislature's contact info:

https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2014/legislators/?utm_campaign=website&utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email

It urged riders to contact their legislator BEFORE May 19th. 

Anyone know more about this?  Is there a template somewhere for emails so that mtb'ers comments are consistent and to the point? 

Thanks.

CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERô professional.  
More info: www.facebook.com/MarkAdamsCFP/

Zinjanthropus

• View Profile
Re: Extra MTB Fees
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 09:21:09 AM »
Consider looking here http://www.hmba.org/smf/index.php?topic=13717.0;topicseen for some of your answers. Perhaps a suggested format for your legislator communication will be added to that thread.

HTH

Mahk

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 10:18:22 AM »
Consider looking here http://www.hmba.org/smf/index.php?topic=13717.0;topicseen for some of your answers. Perhaps a suggested format for your legislator communication will be added to that thread.

HTH

Thanks, that's what I was lookng for. 
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERô professional.  
More info: www.facebook.com/MarkAdamsCFP/

billygoat

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 05:25:13 PM »
Where do we buy this? I heard its not needed on beginner trail?

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links