//Trail Status mouse over Java // is there a local alternative to the betterride.net camps?

Author Topic: is there a local alternative to the betterride.net camps?  (Read 1675 times)

joshlion843

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
is there a local alternative to the betterride.net camps?
« on: March 24, 2015, 06:25:10 PM »
run 30-45 miles/week.
just bought a road bike.
raced amateur motocross for several years.
so i have a little fitness. and maybe a small amount of skill. just started riding in october and would love to get some instruction. im always trying to be better at everything i do. reading books and magazines. listening to podcasts. training. but i need some guidance.
im sure the betterride camp is a great experience. but im hoping theres someone local that does something similar.
instagram: @joshlion843

Steve King

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Re: is there a local alternative to the betterride.net camps?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 08:21:31 PM »
run 30-45 miles/week.
just bought a road bike.
raced amateur motocross for several years.
so i have a little fitness. and maybe a small amount of skill. just started riding in october and would love to get some instruction. im always trying to be better at everything i do. reading books and magazines. listening to podcasts. training. but i need some guidance.
im sure the betterride camp is a great experience. but im hoping theres someone local that does something similar.

Check out Charles's business.

http://www.sheltoweefundamentals.com/home.html

mtbikernate

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 08:30:14 PM »
Yep, Sheltowee. Charles will do shorter sessions, too, that don't take a full weekend.

Not sure if he is planning to do so this year, but last year he offered Tues/Thurs (I think) evening sessions at a couple local trailheads every week.

chuckdlou

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 10:39:49 PM »
the Sheltowee website is currently being revamped for 2015 but the update should be complete very soon...i can do individual lessons or small groups up to 4 riders if you have a few friends you'd like to learn with...similar to last year i'll be doing 2-3 hour intro lessons, 4-5 hr beginner/intermediate, or a full day session...still not sure on the simple skill sessions at southwestway/ft. ben, will have to carve out the time in my schedule which has become much more difficult this year...all the contact info is still up on the site so feel free to give me a ring or email and we can discuss further...

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links