//Trail Status mouse over Java // 2015 Southwestway Trail Conditions

Author Topic: 2015 Southwestway Trail Conditions  (Read 32394 times)

matt_laker

• Should be riding....
  • SIMBA Member (& socks to prove it!) 8-)
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Southwestway Trail Conditions
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2015, 07:16:15 PM »
As dry/dusty/sandy as SWW was Tuesday night, I would think today's rain would have actually been a good thing.  It very well could be hero dirt out there right now---anyone been to check?  Wish I could but won't get a chance until Sunday morning.
Fat Bikes Matter!

Kirk Hilton

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2015, 07:56:59 PM »
Rode Wednesday and someone again opened up the closed trail on Mann Hill.  I threw some rocks and branches across the trail. Even tho it has been dry for awhile the trails are still muddy in areas.  Several trees down below the levee.

Riderunner

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2015, 10:06:59 AM »
I was hoping to ride the trails tomorrow morning.  Do you think they will be good to go?

RJ

• View Profile
    • Indy's best bike shop!
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2015, 10:07:21 AM »
Yes.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Carl Miller

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2015, 01:30:58 PM »
Anyone been at SSW in the last hour so?  I live about 15 minutes southwest of the park and we've had over 1.5" of rain this morning.  It looked like the heavy rain stayed south of the park but was just curious about the current conditions.

Dave G.

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • HMBA Southwestway Park Trail Rep
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2015, 03:19:49 PM »
Anyone been at SSW in the last hour so?  I live about 15 minutes southwest of the park and we've had over 1.5" of rain this morning.  It looked like the heavy rain stayed south of the park but was just curious about the current conditions.

It rained hard here in Camby later this morning, so I'm sure SWW got rained on too. But the trails are pretty solid, so the rain will run off.  The low sections on the river bottom will probably get goopy. I'm thinking it will be rideable later this afternoon close to 6pm.  I have to get with Kevin to get my access to the Trail Status fixed.

Dave
David Gardner
Husband, Granddad, Mountain biker
Southwestway Trail Bum

Dave G.

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2015, 08:44:11 PM »
Trails were in amazing condition as of 5pm, despite the rain overnight and this morning.

While tooling around, I was advised of a big downed tree across the south flow trail (Chief Big Fire south). I had all my equipment in the van, and Travis (getsometrail) graciously gave up some of his ride time to help me clearing the tree.

Dave
David Gardner
Southwestway Trail Bum

RJ

• View Profile
    • Indy's best bike shop!
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2015, 08:47:39 PM »
Thanks Dave!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Dave G.

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2015, 07:44:43 AM »
All trails are GREEN, despite the yellow on the trail status widget. I need to get my access fixed.

David Gardner
Southwestway Trail Bum

holzhaus

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • http://www.DINOseries.com
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2015, 08:30:28 AM »
Reminder that from late afternoon Friday 8/28 through late afternoon Sunday 8/30, Southwestway will be marked for the DINO Trail Run and SRAM DINO Mountain Bike races. During that time, please follow the direction as marked - for your safety and the safety of others. (You may ride trails not used for the race.)

Racing will be in progress from 9-11 am Saturday (trail run) and 10-1:30 Sunday (mtb). Recreational riding during those times is strongly discouraged. If you have never raced before, DINO will cover your entry fee in the Intro division (12:16pm start on Sunday).
There is also a bicycle swap meet on Sunday from 8 am until 2 pm, open for anyone to buy or sell bikes, parts, or other bike gear.

http://www.dinoseries.com/trail-run-southwestway-park/
http://www.dinoseries.com/mtb-race-southwestway-park/

indyshred

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2015, 11:45:13 AM »
Big tree down across powerline climb, just before South Flow intersection.

getsometrail

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2015, 12:29:28 PM »
I can not get out their to remove this tree until Monday.
Roads...?  Where we're going we don't need roads!  Travis Eacret 2008 Giant Trance X2.

Wall

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2015, 08:58:58 PM »
Trail is in great shape.  There is a tree down that puts 2 large branches across the trail on the climb up the power line trail to the top of Mann Hill.

matt_laker

• Should be riding....
  • SIMBA Member (& socks to prove it!) 8-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2015, 08:31:48 AM »
Trail is in great shape.  There is a tree down that puts 2 large branches across the trail on the climb up the power line trail to the top of Mann Hill.

Yeh, that's been there a while.  If it were just one branch it'd possibly be hoppable, but going uphill and how the two branches are positioned it's pretty tough to clear both.  I plan to be out there at some point today---if anyone has a chainsaw and is HMBA-certified, I'll help clear it.
Fat Bikes Matter!

Grant

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2015, 03:37:10 PM »
Yeh, that's been there a while.  If it were just one branch it'd possibly be hoppable, but going uphill and how the two branches are positioned it's pretty tough to clear both.  I plan to be out there at some point today---if anyone has a chainsaw and is HMBA-certified, I'll help clear it.
I cleared the small limbs, brush, and vines off of the tree this afternoon....if someone had a chainsaw it'll take literally 2 minutes to clear the trail. I'll clear it tomorrow evening if it hasn't been done by then.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links