//Trail Status mouse over Java // 2015 Southwestway Trail Conditions

Author Topic: 2015 Southwestway Trail Conditions  (Read 36613 times)

jseelig642

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Southwestway Trail Conditions
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2015, 06:19:47 PM »
So sad. Indiana stinks. Dying to smash some flow

jseelig642

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2015, 11:25:32 AM »
How's the flow looking!

jseelig642

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2015, 11:26:23 AM »
How's the flow looking!

RJ

• View Profile
    • Indy's best bike shop!
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2015, 11:30:13 AM »
Go check and let us know.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

indyshred

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2015, 09:40:56 AM »
Rode last night around 6. Conditions around Mann Hill were expectedly pretty good. However there is a tree down on the NE side of Mann Loop right by the other big tree that's been across the trail for awhile. This new one has to be stopped for though. Rollercoaster ridge also has a tree down and the avalanche section has really washed away the trail to the point where its sketchy riding across it. Some very sandy sections. The SB flow was pretty good with a few greasy turns. Lenape was surprisingly good, with only a few greasy corners, a few MINOR muddy areas, one really muddy section at the bottom of the rock armored section. But with the thunderstorm last night who knows how much more damage coulda been done. On a positive, someone was working on removing the tree across the levee. Thanks to you.   

fourshay

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2015, 12:36:28 PM »
What are the chances of the trails being open for the Niner demo tomorrow?

SSIndyRider

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2015, 03:49:52 PM »
Can't say anything about any demos, but I would rate the trail a yellow, both for some wet spots (most all are avoidable if careful) and for debris on trails.

indyshred

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2015, 09:34:02 PM »
Definitely yellow, Lenape only has a few SMALL muddy spots, there is 1 tree that needs removed. Going CW just past the 1st small downhill. The levee has a couple trees down, Mann Loop still has the tree down that is on the N side of Mann Hill. Rollercoaster ridge is pretty messed up along with the return. All other climbs and both Flow trails are good.

ssjeff

• Training wheels on
  • Legally Armed
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2015, 11:19:35 PM »
When is the next trail day? The lake trail needs some serious work done. Saturday would be good for me.

2013 Stumpjumper (TreeThumper)
1997 Cannondale Road bike.
2014 Surly Pugzly Spec Ops
2015 Santa Cruz 5010
2015 Giant Advnaced

Steve King

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2015, 08:26:22 AM »
When is the next trail day? The lake trail needs some serious work done. Saturday would be good for me.
What we are doing on Saturday.
http://www.hmba.org/smf/index.php?topic=13922.0;topicseen

Paul_Arlinghaus

• Paul Arlinghaus
  • Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • Follow me to the next work session at Town Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2015, 10:43:40 AM »
FYI, David Gardner, our trail rep at SWW, is dealing with the passing of his father, and I am dealing with issues at multiple properties.  The Trail along the golf course will be closed as soon as someone can get out and tape it off.  I do not have any idea when we would be able to get to that trail, and probably need to see it before planning a work day.
HMBA: Director of Trail Development / Secretary

ssjeff

• Training wheels on
  • Legally Armed
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2015, 01:50:57 PM »
Sorry for your loss David. Thanks for the update Paul. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
2013 Stumpjumper (TreeThumper)
1997 Cannondale Road bike.
2014 Surly Pugzly Spec Ops
2015 Santa Cruz 5010
2015 Giant Advnaced

SSIndyRider

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2015, 01:47:32 PM »
FYI, David Gardner, our trail rep at SWW, is dealing with the passing of his father, and I am dealing with issues at multiple properties.  The Trail along the golf course will be closed as soon as someone can get out and tape it off.  I do not have any idea when we would be able to get to that trail, and probably need to see it before planning a work day.

Having been on that trail to the lake last week, aside from removing the tree, it could be probably be back in shape short term with some benching using rhinos and shovels (see my pics on FB). Long-term it may need other intervention to prevent/reduce future erosion.

Darin H

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2015, 10:21:54 PM »
Indyshred and I removed the tree and benched that area, It's ok for now but will need a more permanent repair. Two trees down on levee, one on Lenape after first power line crossing going clockwise and one hanging low on the south bound Mann hill flow that will need removed soon. All are about 6-8 inches in diameter.  Lenape still has lots of wet areas as of 3 pm today.

craigebaker

• View Profile
    • Bicycle Outfitters Indy
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 02:53:14 PM »
Trail is good. No mud really on the single track. The super steep climb with the roots (don't know what it's called) is littered with branches though. I would have moved some of them if I wasn't trying to get a ride in during my lunch hour. Is it just me or did the rain somehow bring a lot of small rocks to the surface in areas? It was a bit like riding in the marbles......or maybe I'm just riding wimpy with my new bionic collarbone and fast rolling tires.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 02:55:03 PM by craigebaker »

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links