//Trail Status mouse over Java // Ride Free the next two weeks!

Author Topic: Ride Free the next two weeks!  (Read 4746 times)

pantingdeeradventures

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
Ride Free the next two weeks!
« on: September 29, 2014, 10:14:26 PM »
Hi everybody,

Gary at Explore Brown County loved having the Panting Deer Enduro at his place, and he asked me to leave the course marked for the next 2-3 weeks, and to invite everyone to come "Ride Danger's Downhills" FREE!  If you want to see what you missed, or if you want to relive a super day, come on out...no charge!

Mike

Unfit Nitwit

Re: Ride Free the next two weeks!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 03:21:37 PM »
Good time for folks to checkout other trails in the BCSP area.

Raleighguy29

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 08:24:44 PM »
Yea vbr and gnaw bone camp are some awesome old school ungroomed back woods riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tubes we don't need no stinking tubes!!

matt_laker

• Should be riding....
  • SIMBA Member (& socks to prove it!) 8-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 08:50:10 PM »
I haven't been...by "old-school, backwoods riding" you don't mean overgrown (where's the trail!?!?), washed/rutted-out, fall line/too steep for 99% of riders trails, do you?  If it's more like Nebo & Hickory Ridge, I'm in---if the former, I'll pass.  Just want to know before I skip BCSP or Nebo/Hickory that it's a good change of pace.
Fat Bikes Matter!

Dan71

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 09:15:09 PM »
I haven't been...by "old-school, backwoods riding" you don't mean overgrown (where's the trail!?!?), washed/rutted-out, fall line/too steep for 99% of riders trails, do you?  If it's more like Nebo & Hickory Ridge, I'm in---if the former, I'll pass.  Just want to know before I skip BCSP or Nebo/Hickory that it's a good change of pace.

It is a good change of pace.  Little more rugged, less groomed, hills are tougher than BCSP but still fun to ride.  Worth a visit in my opinion.

pantingdeeradventures

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 03:55:19 PM »
Hi everyone,

The trails marked for the race are freshly groomed and ready for action.  A few leaves and sticks have fallen on them in the week since the race, but they are well marked.  The trails marked with blue arrows and lettered (A-H) were used for the transfers (uphill stages).  The trails marked with yellow arrows and numbered (1-9) were used for the test (downhill stages).  Tests 1-4 are mostly fire trail and ATV trails.  Tests 5-8 are a combo of fire trail and sweet/challenging single track.  Have fun.  It's free!

Shark

• Should be riding....
  • I was already riding.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 02:49:46 PM »

I've posted GPS tracks of a good loop before for the folks that can't/don't want to navigate.
The entire loop is rideable, yes, steeper than bcsp, but rideable.

Give it a try, you are missing out if you haven't.
Fat is where it's at!......Tires that is.
Moved to Idaho....:) Now I actually *mountain* bike.

Raleighguy29

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 06:49:14 PM »

I've posted GPS tracks of a good loop before for the folks that can't/don't want to navigate.
The entire loop is rideable, yes, steeper than bcsp, but rideable.

Give it a try, you are missing out if you haven't.
get a map man up put your big boy padded shorts on clip in and pedal damn it!! Some of my favorite riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tubes we don't need no stinking tubes!!

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links