//Trail Status mouse over Java // Enforcement of Dog Leash Rules at Brown County State (and other State Parks)

Author Topic: Enforcement of Dog Leash Rules at Brown County State (and other State Parks)  (Read 11852 times)

Dave Tozer

• Should be riding....
  • HMBA/IMBA member and I have the socks to prove it!
    • View Profile
    • Image Gallery
I bet he wears a Matthews kit!  :o

deanarammalamma

• Administrator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
I bet he wears a Matthews kit!  :o

Only when riding the wrong way on a trail :D

edf

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Here ya go:
http://www.tenderlovingpetsdoggydaycare.com/
$30 bucks for a day and your dog gets socialized and then comes home and sleeps like a rock. Or at least mine does. Perfect for an all day ride to the IMBA Epic Hall of Fame Epic Brown County State Park.

Shark

• Should be riding....
  • I was already riding.....
    • View Profile
Re: Enforcement of Dog Leash Rules at Brown County State (and other State Parks)
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2014, 01:08:27 PM »
Be a responsible dog owner or don't be a dog owner at all.

Either find someone to dog-sit, drop off a doggy daycare (great option! it acclimates your dog to others, and it's awesome exercise), or go on shorter bike rides.

Breaking the rules makes the rest of MTB'ers look bad, and we shouldn't be punished for your poor life choices.
Fat is where it's at!......Tires that is.
Moved to Idaho....:) Now I actually *mountain* bike.

Mkasner

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
Re: Enforcement of Dog Leash Rules at Brown County State (and other State Parks)
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2014, 09:43:48 AM »
Would be nice if Indiana would replicate what Utah does, off-leash dog days on odd number days

billygoat

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
So basically, its only going to cost me possibly $150 each time my dog gets caught being off the leash and chasing behind me.... I think ill take that chance!

Sometimes it isn't possible to leave him at home. When it isn't possible to leave him at home, then what do you do? Leave doggie on the leash and then man and doggie become a riding hazard? Biker holding onto leash, biker from behind startles leashed dog thus taking biker down, followed by the rider behind running over rider in front? I don't know to many hospital bills that are less than $150....

If a random dog that is not on a leash runs up on me in the middle of the woods, I will protect myself.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links