//Trail Status mouse over Java // Thanks from State Parks

Author Topic: Thanks from State Parks  (Read 1042 times)

Paul_Arlinghaus

• Paul Arlinghaus
  • Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • Follow me to the next work session at Town Run
    • View Profile
Thanks from State Parks
« on: July 20, 2014, 10:03:28 PM »
Kevin Snyder, Assistant Park Manager at Brown County State Park asked me to pass on a Thank you from State Parks for the efforts to recover from the strong storm on Monday, July 7th.

The Park's first concern was getting the roads in the park open, which required clearing a lot of trees.  The trails in the park took a beating as well.  Rather than avoiding the trails, local riders just threw hand saws into their back backs and cleared trails as they went.  By Friday, all the little stuff was cleared and big trees needing chainsawing were located. 

With Mahk and Dan, or primary chain sawyers for BCSP, out of action (Dan was on vacation and Mahk was moving), David Gardner (SWW Trail Rep) came down for a full day of sawing on Friday.

With all the support throughout the week, we were still able to support a Cummins service day on Friday and volunteer trail building efforts on Saturday and Sunday, all of which worked on the HP Bowl trail.   I pulled a few volunteers off to help finish up the trail chainsawing and we had the trails reopened by Saturday evening.

Thanks to all that pitched in clearing the trails and building new trails.

Paul
HMBA: Director of Trail Development / Secretary

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links