Other Great Indiana MTB Trails > Other - Central/South

Tipsaw

(1/1)

yellowrocketbike:
Thought I would give a report on Tipsaw trail. Tipsaw doesn't get a lot of love anymore since we are spoiled with the new, fast, well maintained, purpose built mountain bike trails, but it still can be some fun. I have ridden it a couple of times in the past week, and it's current condition is probably as good as it gets at Tipsaw. The trail is dry, fast, and for the most part clear. There are a couple of issues that I will mention to the Forest Service tomorrow, but nothing that should keep you from riding the trail. Both of the bridges need some work, but both are passable. Also there is a very large pine tree down about .4 miles from the main trail head parking area going clockwise. The trail did experience very extensive flooding this past spring so many familiar lines have changed, but it is all in good shape now. For those who know Tipsaw, it will be what you remember. For those who have not been there, it is 6 miles, not too difficult, plenty of rock gardens, drain crossings, and a couple of creek crossings (currently dry), and while the trail is not difficult, it can be fun, and a challenge if ridden hard and fast. There you go, if you make the trip over to ride French Lick, and still have a few miles left in the legs, make a lap, or two around Tipsaw, I think you will enjoy it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version