//Trail Status mouse over Java // Best trail system in southern Indiana? Help please

Author Topic: Best trail system in southern Indiana? Help please  (Read 2002 times)

KyleC

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
Best trail system in southern Indiana? Help please
« on: July 01, 2014, 04:01:44 PM »
Besides Bcsp, in your opinion, which trail system has the most to offer?  I've never been to Versailles, French lick, or muscatatuk. I have the day off tomorrow and am wondering where I should ride. I love riding fast downhill and technical trail with jumps and drops.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

RJ

• View Profile
    • Indy's best bike shop!
Re: Best trail system in southern Indiana? Help please
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 04:18:39 PM »
VSP by a long shot. Did the 6 hour race and after 6 hours of riding, that trail was still fun.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Dan71

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 06:00:02 PM »
Versailles has great scenery and trails.  Definitely should check it out.  I have not been to Nebo Ridge in a while but I remember that has having some fast sections, little more rugged as no one really does trail maintenance.

Allen Edwards

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 09:46:02 PM »
If I have the time to make the drive, Versailles is my choice for an out of town ride.  No matter which route you choose or which direction you ride I recommend finishing up with a clockwise lap of Shadow Run (trail conditions permitting, of course).

That swoopy, flowy downhill to the parking lot is probably my favorite stretch of trail in the state.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links