//Trail Status mouse over Java // Tapatalk not working

Author Topic: Tapatalk not working  (Read 6799 times)

mtbikernate

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Tapatalk not working
« on: May 31, 2014, 09:18:33 AM »
I apologize to the tapatalk users among you (I am one), but it appears the plugin isn't working correctly.

I did an update recently and it looks like the update reset permissions of the plugin folder.  I seem to recall having to call the hosting provider when I first set up this plugin because they have some automatic settings that need overridden.  I haven't had the time to call them to get this fixed in the past couple of days.

I'll get to it when I can and get it back up and running.

Jeff Blum

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tapatalk not working
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 12:13:40 PM »
So it WASN'T just me!  I was trying to post a conditions update halfway through my ride this AM and my head was about to asplode because it wasn't working.   :o

The update is the Fort Ben is GREEN.  Stop playing with the server and GO RIDE!

mtbikernate

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 09:42:11 AM »
Still working on the fix.  Last time I had this problem, the tapatalk developer just fixed it for me.  Since this is that exact same problem, I'm trying to get an exact explanation of how to fix it so I can address it on my own in the future.

It is related to the trail conditions indicators up top.  Specifically, it's the code that shows details of the last update when you hover over each indicator that Tapatalk doesn't like.

I could just disable that code and it would probably work fine, but it appears that some folks like and use that aspect of the trail status indicators.  I also fiddled around yesterday trying to get the hover functionality working on the homepage.  No dice.  That coding is done in php, and Wordpress REALLY doesn't like for you to add your own php code for security reasons.

lweilenman

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 07:12:10 PM »
thanks for the update and keeping us informed
2013 Salsa Horsethief 3

mtbikernate

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 09:00:42 PM »
Got the fix implemented and everything seems to be working correctly now.

Raleighguy29

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 10:08:38 PM »
Thanks Nate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tubes we don't need no stinking tubes!!

Warburrito

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
    • Warburrito on Pinkbike
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 12:40:54 PM »
I Downloaded Tapatalk 2.7.3 (up to date) and when I search I cannot find HMBA.  I can find MTBR but not this forum.  I have tried "Hoosier Mountain Bike Association", "HMBA", "Hoosier" and many others with no luck.  Any ideas?

RJ

• View Profile
    • Indy's best bike shop!
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 01:52:20 PM »
I can't find it either.

mtbikernate

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 09:50:52 AM »
Thanks for the tip.  I just got an e-mail this morning about an update to the Tapatalk systems.  Apparently, this "update" made the old Tapatalk title too long.  I'm now getting warnings in the settings page that our old title is too long and that titles must be fewer than 20 characters.

I fixed it.  It is now titled simply "HMBA Forums".  Unfortunately I can no longer make the title very descriptive under the 20 character limit.  If I search for the forum using Tapatalk's search function in Android, I still can't find it.  Let's give it some time...maybe it will take some time to populate the changes in the database on Tapatalk's end.

mtbikernate

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 10:27:20 AM »
just searched again.  We show up.  Again, thanks for the tip.  I think this became a problem last night/this morning when Tapatalk made changes to their system.  If not for you guys letting me know about the problem, I'd have not been aware, because Tapatalk sure didn't tell me that the old settings caused a problem.  Their e-mail was just touting the "benefits" of their system upgrade and whatever new features they added.

zzSQL

• Training wheels on
  • My personal text goes here. yay!
    • View Profile
    • Joint Forces Command
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2014, 04:37:23 PM »
Can whoever manages the tapatalk plug in configure it to permit regular logons?

Right now the only two options are facebook logon or logon with an email address.

mtbikernate

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 06:29:08 PM »
It is set to allow native login and social registration.  The only other options are to allow only one of these, or to only allow the external registration url.  There's a problem with tapatalk's forum owner section right now and I can't get in there to check the other options.

I don't see the problem with the available options, however.  Why is it a problem for you to login with an e-mail address?

zzSQL

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
    • Joint Forces Command
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2014, 11:06:21 PM »
Tapatalk allows people to log on with the same name / pass as we do in the forum.

One less login name I have to remember.

mtbikernate

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2014, 10:15:27 AM »
Tapatalk allows people to log on with the same name / pass as we do in the forum.

One less login name I have to remember.
That is how I login....this is why I don't understand your problem

zzSQL

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
    • Joint Forces Command
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2014, 10:37:04 AM »
I log on to the forum with a username but I have to use an email address in tapatalk.
Do people log on to the forum with an email address?
Seems a moot point long about now lol

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links