//Trail Status mouse over Java // Indy trails

Author Topic: Indy trails  (Read 2701 times)

jay1971

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
Indy trails
« on: May 22, 2014, 04:14:27 PM »
Hey guys just wanted to see if any of the Indy area trails will be rideable Friday. I have the day off work and would like to make the trip down from Lafayette if possible. Thanks.

Raleighguy29

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Re: Indy trails
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 04:30:51 PM »
I would imagine south west way would probably be but the fort and trtp probably won't be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tubes we don't need no stinking tubes!!

matt_laker

• Should be riding....
  • SIMBA Member (& socks to prove it!) 8-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 04:54:41 PM »
And the later you can head down the better the chances.  At Southwestway, if you stay on the newer trails on/along Mann Hill vs. Lenape you should have even better luck.  Enjoy, I'm HOPING to ride BCSP myself tomorrow!
Fat Bikes Matter!

jay1971

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 06:36:25 PM »
Any advice for a first timer at SWW? Never been there. I usually ride town run and ft Ben.

allmountin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 06:55:50 PM »
Timely thread.  I detoured to Louisville to give y'all a day to dry out.  Hoping for something to ride, with VSP, SWW, RNP, and maybe BCSP on my possible hit list. 

Should I add or remove certain systems from consideration?

allmountin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 10:39:53 PM »
GD.  Try to find a clean and reasonable room to overnight in this town.  Every place is 2.5x more than anywhere and the reviews are mostly 1 star, with complaints of crack heads, bed bugs, filth, and horrid hospitality.  I don't mind paying a bit more, but the bed bugs and filth scare me. 

WTF Indy??!!??  :o

tony

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bgindy.com
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 09:04:38 AM »
That's what happens when 350,000+ people show up for a little car race....

allmountin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 01:23:08 PM »
It's all good.  I got scared by the signs for random room inspections at the cheap place I stopped at.  Bucked up for the holiday inn express.  No bed bugs and no crackheads stole my bike.  Things are lookin' up. 

SWW is in fantastic shape.  LOVE the design of this place.  Honestly, it feels like cheating.  A pretty mild climb up and a blast back down.  Did each side four or five times and a couple laps on the XC loop.  Did the Mann Hill climbs several times to switch it up. 

Great job HMBA!  :D

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links