//Trail Status mouse over Java // how to carry tools

Author Topic: how to carry tools  (Read 4116 times)

Dave Tozer

• Should be riding....
  • HMBA/IMBA member and I have the socks to prove it!
    • View Profile
    • Image Gallery
Re: how to carry tools
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2014, 11:14:02 AM »
Also a way to carry things on the handle bars and not violate Indiana bicycle law!  :)

"Every per­son rid­ing the bicy­cle must have a prop­erly attached seat and not be car­ry­ing any­thing that pre­vents them from keep­ing both hands on the han­dle­bars.  - See more at: http://www.cfcl-law.com/indiana-law/2013/06/indiana-bicycle-laws/#sthash.CZamMUxP.dpuf"

Some folks might be surprised by some of the other Indiana laws. The link above has a good summary of eight laws.

This is the eco-friendly way.  Reuse those plastic bags!

lweilenman

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2014, 01:22:10 PM »
properly attached seat is an Indiana law? seats are over rated! real riders only use the post. :-[

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

2013 Salsa Horsethief 3

Mahk

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 01:41:17 PM »

I'm really looking for an excuse to ditch my Mule NV, but the damn thing won't die.

Why do you want to ditch the Mule NV?   What would you get to replace it?  Do you like the ventilation system / back panel?

Thanks.
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional.  
More info: www.facebook.com/MarkAdamsCFP/

DeepVI

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2014, 02:47:38 PM »

I'm really looking for an excuse to ditch my Mule NV, but the damn thing won't die.

Why do you want to ditch the Mule NV?   What would you get to replace it?  Do you like the ventilation system / back panel?

Thanks.

It's a great pack.  A touch on the heavy side, plus all the zipper pulls broke, nothing zip-ties didn't fix but still.  The Osprey Raptors are pretty sweet.  Can't beat their customer service.  Buddy of mine sent his in to fix the buckles after using and abusing it for thee years, they sent him a new one.  I'd still run a CB bladder, no on can touch those.
2012 Trek Scratch
2012 Transition TransAM
Keep the rubber side down!

mtbikernate

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 08:22:27 PM »

Thanks.

It's a great pack.  A touch on the heavy side, plus all the zipper pulls broke, nothing zip-ties didn't fix but still.  The Osprey Raptors are pretty sweet.  Can't beat their customer service.  Buddy of mine sent his in to fix the buckles after using and abusing it for thee years, they sent him a new one.  I'd still run a CB bladder, no on can touch those.

I prefer the Hydrapak bladder closure.  it's a roll top with a clip.  can be turned inside out for cleaning.  Mine is older and the tubing/bite valve size is not the same as CB and I hate the bite valve.  Supposedly the newer ones are compatible, so I may buy myself and the wife new ones and replace the bite valves and the locks.  still, I do have multiple CB omega bladders.  one is over 10yrs old now.  they are robust, but the closure is a PITA.

dprimm

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2014, 10:58:14 AM »

This is the eco-friendly way.  Reuse those plastic bags!

what are those things on your bar that are holding the bags? 

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links