//Trail Status mouse over Java // Good news on Public/Private Project at BCSP

Author Topic: Good news on Public/Private Project at BCSP  (Read 3366 times)

Fett

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Good news on Public/Private Project at BCSP
« on: April 01, 2014, 02:02:46 PM »
Great news for Brown County today as it was announced that there is going to a great addition to the Brown County Trail System.  The parks are continually looking for ways to increase revenue for the parks to keep them in the black. 

It was announced today that the Hoosiers Nest Cabin, in partnership with several local breweries,  is going be converted into a craft beer pub.  Plans are still in the works, but a trailside pub should be a gold mine of revenue for BCSP.

Concessions likely have to be made to other user groups, who are demanding that Bud Light be available as well, but overall reception has been great.

Need a home mortgage?  Let me help.   Click here for more info: www.ruoff.com/jefffetterer

edf

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: Good news on Public/Private Project at BCSP
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 02:38:44 PM »
 In other news, bar ends have made a comeback and are now the must have fashion item for mountain biking in 2014 per a recent poll by a distinguished mountain biking periodical.

pigfarm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 02:44:49 PM »
Great news for Brown County today as it was announced that there is going to a great addition to the Brown County Trail System.  The parks are continually looking for ways to increase revenue for the parks to keep them in the black. 

It was announced today that the Hoosiers Nest Cabin, in partnership with several local breweries,  is going be converted into a craft beer pub.  Plans are still in the works, but a trailside pub should be a gold mine of revenue for BCSP.

Concessions likely have to be made to other user groups, who are demanding that Bud Light be available as well, but overall reception has been great.

That makes sense.  The crowd for the zipline from fire tower to campground will guarantee a brisk business.   

David Kuehnen

• Should be riding....
  • HMBA-IMBA member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 02:56:33 PM »
Two words: purple anodized.
David Kuehnen, PE

FHSP    - 16 hr
TRTP.     - 8 hr

Ed Strobel

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 06:43:04 PM »
January 31st Hope was there with purple Dave. Get some! https://www.facebook.com/hopetech/photos/a.179027565472417.40824.161958553845985/657647887610380/?type=1&theater

Will there be a package deal for camping and the zip line? I will need to stay there if I enjoy the craft beers.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 06:46:44 PM by Ed Strobel »

Paul_Arlinghaus

• Paul Arlinghaus
  • Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • Follow me to the next work session at Town Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 10:21:27 PM »
We do have another plan generating revenue.  Since the bike industry is clearly off base with respect to the correct wheel size, we are going to start building trails at BCSP specifically for 28.25" wheel sized bikes.

This will drive the bike industry towards what is obviously the correct wheel size for mountain bikes.

We plan to phase in the 28.25" wheel size by charging a fee for other wheel sizes, until 2018, when only 28.25" bikes will be allowed at BCSP.
HMBA: Director of Trail Development / Secretary

matt_laker

• Should be riding....
  • SIMBA Member (& socks to prove it!) 8-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 10:30:25 PM »
Good April Fool's, Paul!  But with the way the tire sizes have been going the past few years, it sounds almost believable!   ;)
Fat Bikes Matter!

jasonhilt

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • Brakes!!! We don't need no stinkin' brakes!!!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Videos
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 11:02:08 PM »
My bet is on the 36" wheels.  If bigger is better than 36" should just be absolutely awesome.  You could just roll over all the obstacles and not worry about your technical riding skills or other handicaps.  :P
Shin guards! We don't need no stinkin' shin guards!
DOH!

matt_laker

• Should be riding....
  • SIMBA Member (& socks to prove it!) 8-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 08:57:13 AM »
Talk about clown shoes or a bull in a China shop! ;)
Fat Bikes Matter!

Dave Tozer

• Should be riding....
  • HMBA/IMBA member and I have the socks to prove it!
    • View Profile
    • Image Gallery
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 09:12:09 AM »
...Concessions likely have to be made to other user groups, who are demanding that Bud Light be available as well, but overall reception has been great.

Make people walk 20 feet up the trail in order to get Bud Lite and the demand will go to zero.  ;)

David Kuehnen

• Should be riding....
  • HMBA-IMBA member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 09:13:42 AM »
We do have another plan generating revenue.  Since the bike industry is clearly off base with respect to the correct wheel size, we are going to start building trails at BCSP specifically for 28.25" wheel sized bikes.

This will drive the bike industry towards what is obviously the correct wheel size for mountain bikes.

We plan to phase in the 28.25" wheel size by charging a fee for other wheel sizes, until 2018, when only 28.25" bikes will be allowed at BCSP.
European 28.25" or American 28.25"...cause there's a difference.
David Kuehnen, PE

FHSP    - 16 hr
TRTP.     - 8 hr

Dave G.

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • HMBA Southwestway Park Trail Rep
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 03:25:26 PM »
Sadly, you had me sucked in till I read that last paragraph.  I had visions of inebriated riders missing turns on Limekiln at 30mph, or down on all fours somewhere on Wanut ralphing.  :o  As Tim O'Donnell once said, "I know funny. And that, my friend, is funny!"
David Gardner
Husband, Granddad, Mountain biker
Southwestway Trail Bum

Shark

• Should be riding....
  • I was already riding.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 10:43:35 PM »
Wow, I was pretty excited there for when I come back to visit....then i started wondering how the bike would look with purple hope hubs....
Oooh baby!
Fat is where it's at!......Tires that is.
Moved to Idaho....:) Now I actually *mountain* bike.

lenlog

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2014, 08:45:31 PM »
My bet is on the 36" wheels.  If bigger is better than 36" should just be absolutely awesome.  You could just roll over all the obstacles and not worry about your technical riding skills or other handicaps.  :P
Wheels?  Why not a 3" wide caterpillar track in back and a ski in front.  Great traction for climbing.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links